Why The English Language Is So Hard To Learn

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
English is the only language that breaks it own rules more than any other language. That is all.

Glendon

Reaction score
Quite funny.

Excuse me for ranting though.
From my expirience everybody wants their language to be the hardest to learn (don't ask me why :>).
Or at least Americans (I don't know many other English speaking people, so I can't really say anything about other nations)

English just is one of the easiest languages there is.

When I talked to some people about that subject they always say 'there are words with multiple meanings wich makes it so hard to learn'.
This is a difficult part of the language. Agreed. But it's just such a small fraction!

In German you have to learn a different article for every word. In French you have a crazy amount of different forms and tenses of a verb. Much harder then that.

I'm done.

Yes, English is the easiest. French is really hard to learn... I am going mad when I learn it.

Trollvottel

never aging title
Reaction score
English seems to be hard for Americans, too. My cousin went to america for one year and had better grades in english than the people living there since they were born.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
English seems to be hard for Americans, too. My cousin went to america for one year and had better grades in english than the people living there since they were born.

Well usually teachers grade based on effort shown, not always whether or not everything they do is right (especially in highschool and below). Obviously they're not going to fail everyone who speaks English as a second language but if the effort is there, they'll get the grades.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
Well usually teachers grade based on effort shown, not always whether or not everything they do is right (especially in highschool and below). Obviously they're not going to fail everyone who speaks English as a second language but if the effort is there, they'll get the grades.

Grades on whether you do homework are just stupid. Especially if they are 50% of your grade.

Trollvottel

never aging title
Reaction score

it was also about the class tests.....

0WN3D

Reaction score
I heard from some one that the hardest is arabic and 2nd is chinese... Not sure about arabic but im sure that chinese has a heck load of different characters to remember unlike english where you only need to remember the alphablets..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.