why this trigger bugs sometimes?

Happy

Reaction score
hey guys...

i found a problem in one of my triggers. it should revive every dead hero after an arena fight but it sometime dont revive one hero (and its not the same...so its not just player 1's hero it could also be player 7's or player 9's) Oo

this is the trigger part reviving the heroes (Temp_Group is (Units in (Entire Map))) :

Trigger:
  • port back and unpause
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Do Multiple ActionsFor each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Temp_Group and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                • 'IF'-Conditions
                  • (Picked unit) Equal to (==) Arena_Heroes[(Integer A)]
                • 'THEN'-Actions
                  • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    • 'IF'-Conditions
                      • (Arena_Heroes[(Integer A)] is dead) Equal to (==) True
                    • 'THEN'-Actions
                      • Set Temp_Point = (Center of item fuse over rank 2 til rank 4 <gen>)
                      • Hero - Instantly revive Arena_Heroes[(Integer A)] at Temp_Point, Hide revival graphics
                      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Temp_Point)
                    • 'ELSE'-Actions
                  • Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to player_positions[(Player number of (Owner of (Picked unit)))]
                  • Set Arena_Heroes[(Integer A)] = No Unit
                • 'ELSE'-Actions
      • Set heaven_done = False
      • Set hell_done = False
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Temp_Group)
      • Countdown-Timer - Start arena_timer as a One-Shot timer that will expire in 600.00 seconds
      • Countdown-Timer - Create a timer window for (Last started timer) with title Arena starts in...
      • Set timer_window = (Last created timer window)|

someone has a clue why it bugs?

thanks in advance

greetz happy

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont understand so many parts of that trigger.
Why do you pick a unit group there, as it seems you only want to revive a single unit, and that unit is already saved in an array, so why the group iteration? It doesnt make any sense to me.

Then, the point seems to be fixed for all units, it doesnt change, so why do you constantly create and remove it? Over and over and over again?

Happy

Reaction score
this is just a part of the trigger ^^ its about 100 lines long xD so i just show the part that bugs xD and i need that group for the rest xD

the point part okay xD that i could change but it wont cause the bug afaik...

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing in that trigger should cause the bug. The cause got to be somewhere else since that part is (although pretty nonsense right now) not buggy.

Potential bug-reasons might be the Temp_Group and Arena_Heroes[] array being set incorrectly.

Happy

Reaction score
both cannot cause the bug...

the Temp_Group is working for the rest like it should and Arena_Heroes[] works too because the Arena_Heroes[] are ported to the arena and the check wether they died or not works too....its just the reviving part thats buggy and that the trigger part you can see above.

Smitty

Reaction score
Clearly some other part of the trigger is interfering with that part. Post the whole TGIF and explain the function of each part, and we'll see what we can do ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.