Health Wii Fit Dares to Call Young Girl ‘Fat’ – Experts Call For Parental Warning(and a ban)

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
Who could possibly have envisaged Nintendo’s Wii Fit as being the next software title to have ‘nanny state’ experts up in arms and calling for reclassification and even a ban, but, thanks to the fact that a certain Wii Fit balance board had the audacity to call a young girl ‘fat’ that’s exactly what’s happened.

According to the Daily Mail (duly credited), the offending Wii Fit balance board, based somewhere in the South East of England, horrified the family of a 10 year old girl who’s billed as being ‘solidly built’ (purportedly her father’s words, not ours) when it called her ‘fat’.

---------------------

I personally think...... GO NINTENDO!!! LOSE SOME WEIGHT FATTY!

Last edited by a moderator:

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Well, she may be fit looking but that could mean she isn't athletic. Fat usually refers to not athletic.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Wii dares to tell the truth.

If you read the article, I think it tells you that the girl was really healthy in Height and Weight.. so that's why I think it's on headline news.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
ahh yes, real life: If a company makes 1 possibly mean statement, they get sued.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
WTF?

People actually care what games say?
Wonder what they would do if a person said it. This is nonsense and stupidity...

Reaction score
If you read the article, I think it tells you that the girl was really healthy in Height and Weight.. so that's why I think it's on headline news.

The words "solidly built" flipped my internal "fat chick" flag.

This only leaves me even more mystified as to why this has caused such a drama in the first place.

undeadorcjerk

Reaction score
>This only leaves me even more mystified as to why this has caused such a drama in the first place.

Its because people in this world are to fucking soft... litterally. Lose some weight people. If you get offended... GOOD! This world is better off without the fat. And if a video game says your fat, its a freaking sign people.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
>This only leaves me even more mystified as to why this has caused such a drama in the first place.

Its because people in this world are to fucking soft... litterally. Lose some weight people. If you get offended... GOOD! This world is better off without the fat. And if a video game says your fat, its a freaking sign people.

Um you know that could also be a bad thing ... google for Anorexia :rolleyes:

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Fat, skinny, who cares. She's not fully grown, it doesn't matter. It's not like it really affects anyone. And on a side note that fucking thing called me fat too....

Asehujiko

Reaction score
Actualy i don't realy mind them taking some podshots at the wii and nintendo in general. The only good thing about those are the "original" controls(computer mouse any1?). Nintendo is exclusively riding on the hype of it being "healthy" even tho the ideal way to play it is to put the controler 2 inches away from the device to max your relative speed. Eye training is 100% pure lies and alot of what they are bringing out now isn't that much better.

The wheight calculating aglorithm is just bollocks, this is crappy design, not riot material.

Exfyre

hmm...
Reaction score
maybe we should blame the father for using euphemisms for "fat." His daughter should sue him (not possible but if it were...) for enticing strife later in life due to the lack of knowledge of her status on "stockiness" (in this case "obesity").

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score

Not sure where you get off on that. The world is better off without the stupid.

undeadorcjerk

Reaction score
You have a point on that too. But if not for the stupid, where would we get our entertainment?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.