wiki.thehelper.net

Discussion in 'Bugs and Features - Forum Questions' started by PurgeandFire, Apr 28, 2014.

1. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire zxcvmkgdfg

Ratings:
    +513 / 0 / -0
    edo informed me on the hive that links to the wiki return 404 errors. If you check out the wiki main page, it also looks messed up:
    http://wiki.thehelper.net/

Will this be fixed/will the pages be restored? If not, then is there a back-up of some of the info? Hopefully the info isn't all gone.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Accname

Accname 2D-Graphics enthusiast

Ratings:
    +1,551 / 4 / -4
    I didnt even know a page like that existed!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ghan

Ghan Administrator - Servers are fun Staff Member

Ratings:
    +773 / 0 / -0
    No need to worry about the info. The issues are several.
    First, we migrated to a new server. This leads to the other issues:
    Second, we switched webservers from Litespeed to Nginx. This means that .htaccess files don't work properly, so I needed to find the correct rule to add to the nginx config file so that Mediawiki would behave properly.
    Third, we upgraded our version of PHP. This also upgraded the version of PCRE, which happens to have broken compatibility with several versions of Mediawiki. Bug: https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=58640
    I've basically hacked the code together for the relevant file to get it to work for now (maybe partially), but no promises. We probably just need to update our version of Mediawiki. :p

4. KaerfNomekop

KaerfNomekop Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
  5. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire zxcvmkgdfg

Ratings:
    +513 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Ghan.

Yeah, before the redesign/migration it worked. It wasn't working for a short period of time after the redesign/migration, but Ghan did his magic so those pages load properly now.

6. Varine

Varine And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war

Ratings:
    +833 / 11 / -1
    This is the first I have ever seen this before. What's on the TH wiki?

7. Accname

Accname 2D-Graphics enthusiast

Ratings:
    +1,551 / 4 / -4
    your darkest secrets.

8. FireCat

FireCat Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!

Ratings:
    +553 / 7 / -18
    Just click on it ! and you will see @Varine

9. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire zxcvmkgdfg

Ratings:
    +513 / 0 / -0
    Ghan, if you're not busy, could you make it so that pressing enter in the wiki's search box will use "Search" instead of "Go"? Or fix "Go", whichever is more convenient. It seems that "Go" will add 8080 to the URL and do some weird monkey business, whereas "search" gives proper results.