wiki.thehelper.net

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
edo informed me on the hive that links to the wiki return 404 errors. If you check out the wiki main page, it also looks messed up:

This is no longer active

Will this be fixed/will the pages be restored? If not, then is there a back-up of some of the info? Hopefully the info isn't all gone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
No need to worry about the info. The issues are several.
First, we migrated to a new server. This leads to the other issues:
Second, we switched webservers from Litespeed to Nginx. This means that .htaccess files don't work properly, so I needed to find the correct rule to add to the nginx config file so that Mediawiki would behave properly.
Third, we upgraded our version of PHP. This also upgraded the version of PCRE, which happens to have broken compatibility with several versions of Mediawiki. Bug: https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=58640
I've basically hacked the code together for the relevant file to get it to work for now (maybe partially), but no promises. We probably just need to update our version of Mediawiki. :p

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Isn't this the actual main page? -dead link removed

The info's not gone either, I was on this page a few days back and it was fine.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Thanks Ghan.

Isn't this the actual main page? - dead link removed

The info's not gone either, I was on this page a few days back and it was fine.

Yeah, before the redesign/migration it worked. It wasn't working for a short period of time after the redesign/migration, but Ghan did his magic so those pages load properly now.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
This is the first I have ever seen this before. What's on the TH wiki?

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Ghan, if you're not busy, could you make it so that pressing enter in the wiki's search box will use "Search" instead of "Go"? Or fix "Go", whichever is more convenient. It seems that "Go" will add 8080 to the URL and do some weird monkey business, whereas "search" gives proper results.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.