General Wikileaks Founder Julian Assange Hunted by Pentagon

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Anxious that Wikileaks may be on the verge of publishing a batch of secret State Department cables, investigators are desperately searching for founder Julian Assange. Philip Shenon reports.

Pentagon investigators are trying to determine the whereabouts of the Australian-born founder of the secretive website Wikileaks for fear that he may be about to publish a huge cache of classified State Department cables that, if made public, could do serious damage to national security, government officials tell The Daily Beast.

The officials acknowledge that even if they found the website founder, Julian Assange, it is not clear what they could do to block publication of the cables on Wikileaks, which is nominally based on a server in Sweden and bills itself as a champion of whistleblowers.

“We’d like to know where he is; we’d like his cooperation in this,” one U.S. official said of Assange.

Last edited:

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Nice job thedailybeast.com.

Way to advertise for a possibly illegal website.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score

It's not an illegal website, and that is exactly why the US government is trying to stop the owner from posting valuable information.

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
I can see this from both sides... but let's hope that this guy can stay hidden. For his own safety.

AnthraxXx

Reaction score
"Wikileaks Founder Julian Assange Hunted by Pentagon"

I would say it's more of a search myself. But yeah, stay hidden!

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
The founder should demand 20 million dollars to be donated to the less fortunate.

Too bad I can only fantasize about it.

Gwypaas

hook DoNothing MakeGUIUsersCrash
Reaction score

That is exactly how the government wants you to think so resist, it is in every citizens best opinion to know the secrets of the ones with power so they can change it to the better.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Not always. Say for example it IS (in the rare case) soemthing that could threaten the security of the nation. Another country uses it to our disadvantage and boom. Down we go.

Unlikely, but that's the main point they (Government) argue.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
We want to know where he is; we better get his cooperation in this,” one U.S. official said of Assange.

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
Fucked up American politics... They just want control over the world, and have an eye on everyone and -thing.

This is bullshit, made up crap. Because... that guy´s website is on Pentagon´s list over national threats. They are just making it up, having a reason to get they´re hands on him.

Iraq: Make self bomb Twintower fail : Blame Iraq!
Bullshit land I don´t remember the name of: Make up story that they´re having a nuclearreactor: Attack!

There are loads of examples on previous attempts, like this one, that America has tried, with and with out success, but all in all with huge failure,, so that they can have the control of everything.
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

EDIT:
and yeah:

"America! The land of freedom!"
Realize it they don´t tell you shit.

"Oh yeah I am totaly sure that our goverment tells us american citizens about everything!"
From Transform Dude´s mum at the end of the credits. That is soo ironicaly and self land criticism.

Hell lot of hard word to type lol

EDIT´S: EDIT:
oh and yeah:

Was watching history channel the other they. They had this interresting program about the making of the new NewYork (<3) water tunnel.
So far 28 people had died in the progress (so far!) and it´s been 40 years. That means some of the workers have been there all their lives. It´s been their job for years.

When it´s done, I am 105% sure that America (or NewYork´s Mayor or what ever) won´t mention all those who died for at least 100 new years of life for NewYork. And some stupid fat politican will take all the honor and credit. What da heil...? Wake up NewYork... Hellloou..

90% of the NewYork won´t notice or give a shit about it anyway.. Dead people or new water tunnel.

Nuf said discussion ended.

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
Uhm, first off you need to chill. Your random cursings and bad grammer and spelling really aren't helping your position at all.

Second of all I would like to know where you are getting any of your "facts" (as they really aren't facts at all). It seems like you're saying that America is trying to defend their classified information and they are trying to keep their citizens safe from possible threats. I see no problem with this and don't see why you do beyond you wanting to control everything and having all information given to you (which is quite ironic seeing how you are arguing against the first point).

Another thing with your talk about the US going into Iraq on the basis of nuclear weapons. I don't see how it is possible for you to even say that as there is no proof that is avaliable to ordinary peoples about what actually was going on there. Maybe there were weapons there, maybe there weren't. Either way it was a threat against me as a citizen in the US and I am glad our country showed some balls and tried to protect it's citizens.

About your stab at the New York water tunnel, I don't see how this is relevant at all. You're saying that people have died building a water tunnel and that in the end we will most likely turn a blind eye to these deaths. I don't see how this does anything to your previous argument, but human beings don't want to gloat over death. Do you want to hear about death and destruction every day of your life? No i didn't think so. Why stress the negative when you can ee the positive. I'm certain there will be funerals for those who died and I am dead certain people working on the job will attend these funerals. For normal people like us who have no connection to these people who died, why should we continually think about their deaths?

And one last thing.

Nuf said discussion ended.

That is an extremely good way to get laughed at in any formal debate. I would suggest you learn to take a counter argument, or just not talk at all.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
It seems like you're saying that America is trying to defend their classified information and they are trying to keep their citizens safe from possible threats.
Not to me. I do understand that there is classified information that is classified to keep us safe. But I also understand that there is classified information that is classified to keep us blind.

I don't see how it is possible for you to even say that as there is no proof that is avaliable to ordinary peoples about what actually was going on there.
This is what wikileaks is for!
You're only supporting his point, in a way.

About your stab at the New York water tunnel, I don't see how this is relevant at all. You're saying that people have died building a water tunnel and that in the end we will most likely turn a blind eye to these deaths. (...) For normal people like us who have no connection to these people who died, why should we continually think about their deaths?
That's not the point at all. The point he was making was that people died during the construction, but these people, who were actually constructing the thing, who spent a lot of their lifetime in that tunnel, those very people will not be the ones honored for the construction of the tunnel.
A politician who possibly just said "yes" and approved the funding - he will.

I see how he tries to say that we need investigative journalism to find out stuff about that. I fear, however, that wikileaks (while being a form of investigative journalism) has another area of interest, and hence the whole point is invalid in the discussion.
Do you want to hear about death and destruction every day of your life? No i didn't think so.
I have three questions for you:
Do you read the newspapers?
Do you watch TV?
Do you listen to the radio?
If you answered any of them with "yes", you probably do hear about death and destruction every day of your life.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Next thing you know the makers of America's army will make this into a video game. :rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.