The Scientology thread - the OG!

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
As an atheist I am highly offended by that and tell you to go find out what an atheist is.

NEVER compare ATHEISTS to scientologists.

And maybe you should rethink your logic when you suddenly bring a sentence out of context. So, if I say the KKK were a group of racist Americans, does that emphasize I am saying all Americans are racist because I used racist as an adjective. No, and neither does saying the Church of Scientology is a group of psychopathic atheists.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
In that case rethink your sentences...

If you say the KKK are a group of racist americans. There's nothign wrong with it. The specific group (KKK), happen to be Americans. And racist.

What's your point?

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
If you say the KKK are a group of racist americans.
Church of Scientology is a group of psychopathic atheists.

What's your point?

I think his point was that just becaused he used atheists to describe scientologists he doesn't say that ALL atheists are scientologists nor have even close to the same beliefs, if any. Pineapple reacted as if he said all atheists are scientologist nuts.
EDIT: After reading a bit closer, it would seem that pineapple reacted to the notion that scientologists have anything to do with atheism.
But as already said "Atheism is the position that deities do not exist," quoted from the website in topic. Scientologists, as I've heard about them have no deity and therefor could be called a non-theistic religion/cult, or as more commonly seen, atheistic.

Anyways I think wikipedia is right! go go pedia, you are always right![Citation needed]

//==GooS

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Scientologists aren't even atheists what are you guys talking about?

They believe in Xenu.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am also an Atheist and I don't really want to be compared to Scientology... One reason is because it's totally different.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I'm an Atheist, and I'm no way in affiliation with the Church of Scientology, I don't believe in "Anything" no God, Aliens, etc. Why would Atheists be part of a "cult/religion" :rolleyes: the word "Church" is in the name ffs. The reason I don't believe in anything because I only view churches or religions as a business that require people to give money to the church as means of "being nice" or using it as a symbol to control the government. I also don't like the fact that certain wars are/where created because of religion IE: The Crusades.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_war

Just my reasons....I don't dislike people who are religious, most of my friends are Christians and I even have a close friend who is Muslim. I dislike the concepts of religion not the people.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Scientologists aren't even atheists what are you guys talking about?
They believe in Xenu.
I am also an Atheist and I don't really want to be compared to Scientology... One reason is because it's totally different.
I'm an Atheist, and I'm no way in affiliation with the Church of Scientology,

There, think I quoted enough, Atheistic, as in non-theistic, you believe in in no deity, no god and/or group of gods that rule over our world.

Scientologists don't believe in Xenu as a Deity but as a ruler over ,, something something, not an allpowerful, allknowing being (if they do then I'm sorry but that's not the way iv'e heard about scientology). Neither is their founder a deity, more of a prophet.

And since they believe in no god/ they are not theistic, I think that is the - in a very rough way - definition* of an atheistic person or persons. *There are deeper definitions but once again I quote from wikipedia "Theism in the broadest sense is the belief in at least one deity."

To the other two, I in no way said an atheist is a scientologist, I said a scientologist has an atheistic belief. If I didn't, then atleast that's what I meant.

gameman

It's been a long, long time.
Reaction score
I think It has been said enough, Atheists do not believe in a almighty power. I do not want to be compared to something I'm not.

They do complain about a lot of stuff together....

Does anyone even like them anymore?

And they are technically athiest since they don't believe in a god. They got aliens with giant golden planes that fly through space and volcanos and stuff. Like evolution... kinda.

What? They believe In hateful aliens that require payment.

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
In that case rethink your sentences...

If you say the KKK are a group of racist americans. There's nothign wrong with it. The specific group (KKK), happen to be Americans. And racist.

What's your point?

The actual question is, what is YOUR point as you just stated the obvious.

The specific group (Church of Scientology), happen to be Americans. And generally atheist. It is my opinion that these atheists are psychopathic, but does that mean I am directing that toward all atheists as a whole. No. If i say KKK are a group of stupid racist Americans, does that mean I am calling all Americans stupid? No, but people will read anything the way they want so they can cry and complain about it.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Scientology does NOT equal Atheists. Argue all you want, but that fact won't change.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
After reading this long thread, I'm amazed at the lack of knowledge towards religions. And as a fellow atheist, I wish I read a bit of it sooner so I could have ended the argument quickly.

Please don't just assume things. Read up on religions before you automatically think "this" and "that".

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
After reading this long thread, I'm amazed at the lack of knowledge towards religions. And as a fellow atheist, I wish I read a bit of it sooner so I could have ended the argument quickly.

Please don't just assume things. Read up on religions before you automatically think "this" and "that".

Agreed.

:thup:

It's annoying when people think they know everything about other religions... (or when they say theirs is better. I really hate that)

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
if you guys want a debate, make a new thread, dont smack it into the front page for people to come in and read

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
In Scientology doctrine, Xenu is a galactic ruler who, 75 million years ago, brought billions of people to Earth, stacked them around volcanoes and blew them up with hydrogen bombs.

what... the fuck, indeed.

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
tomcruise-47991.jpg

Undead Me

Reaction score
Normally I try not to judge the beliefs of various religions. If Christians, Jews, and Muslims all think that a man named Abraham left Ur a few millenia ago and was able to found a nation which was somehow more favored by god than its neighbors then so be it. Burning bushes that speak? Ok. Shiva destroys the universe and recreates it constantly? Ok. I don't necessarily believe these things, but neither do I dismiss then.
However, Scientology crosses some invisible line. I dismiss most of its claims as ridiculous out of hand, which I would never do with almost any other religion.

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
Amusing how fossils of lifeforms have been found which have been dated to earlier than seventy-five million years, but no human remains.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.