[wikipedia] what the... !?

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
i was doing some 'research' while doing a sig about assasin's creed so i decided to drop by on wikipedia.

but then, i went "what the... !?" when i saw the entries on it.
can you guys check it out if it's only my computer?

here's the link to the page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assasin's_creed

and here are the entries i found:
Gameplay
Assassin's Creed is a third-person stealth game in which the player assumes the role of a constipated monkey, an average primate who is the last descendant of a long family line of chimps.The monkey has been taken to a facility where he is forced to use the loo, a machine that traces and recreates his past poos.

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
That's the thing about wikipedia. Anyone can edit it. Sometimes, people vandalize pages.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Yeah; I edit there, and it really is very reliable as common articles do get fixed quickly. But it's just annoying to hear people talk about how its not trustworthy.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
I agree with Seb, wikipedia is as 'trustworthy' and 'reliable' as the internet in general.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
What I meant was that even if they have sources to the internet, those internet still have the possibility to be wrong. There's sites claiming the world is flat, is that true? No, but it's on the internet :p

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
well, that description of assasins creed could be used for something pretty funny. I wanna see a map based on a monkey recovering his past poos. ;)

at least they fixed it

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Lol, wikipedia doesn't really care. They just moderate some things, the userbase moderates most stuff.

Buuttt thats hilarious xDD

Zakyath

Reaction score
FYI, wiki doesn't contain more errors than any other encyclopedia. I'm not saying every thing on wiki is true, because it isn't. I'm just telling you it's not such a bad source as most people think it is.

Krys A Night

Writer
Reaction score
If you are the person who does the wrong edit of a wikipedia page, you get a warning and if you do it again, you get banned from being able to edit the wikipedia pages.

But other than the fact that most of the articles are informative, you really shouldn't put too much faith in wikipedia. They migt be plagarizing their information from somewhere else and not putting in the correct citation.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Did you know that "Eragon like rape litle children"?
It really is true. I saw it on wikipedia once!

Trollvottel

never aging title
Reaction score

.... and everything written in wikipedia is true, as we all know. i know a good parody of wikipedia, too bad its all in german so noone of you will understand anything :(.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score

well, if someone actually read that on wikipedia and began saying it as fact, they are very stupid and deserve to think thats true.

But really, how quickly was that error fixed? like 10 minutes? Thats really good.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> But really, how quickly was that error fixed? like 10 minutes? Thats really good.

Wikipedia has a great amount of bots running that detect when an article drastically changes and edit it right away to its original form.

It's rather efficient.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.