Will 110mb work for me?

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
First time I've posted in this forum :)

I have a fairly simple idea for a text based game. It would actually work alright as a forum game. But just for fun (thats what a game is for anyway), I believe I could make it into a small webpage.

I'm looking for a free webhost. I don't care what kind of domain name I get, and I don't need any MySQL or any other database. I don't need a lot of space, and most likely I won't need much bandwidth either. But I do need php, and access to otherwise protected files for my php code.

110mb seems to fit the bill, and what I've read around here makes it seem ok. I've heard that I can't expect ftp access, but I'm just fine using .zips. Do you guys think 110mb will work?

On a related note, whats up with their ToS, I don't mind the informality, but its full of typos, that really undermines their credibility in my opinion.

And on an unrelated note, Battlestar Galatica comes on in 28 minutes :).

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Well, probably it's deprecated info cause I stopped using 110mb due to the fact that I needed MySQL and they got that under payment but I was able to acces FTP. Sometimes it gets really busy and you cannot acces it anymore. Probably that's what you heard (it gets busy a lot :eek:). Then you have to resort to the Admin CP uploader.

It is pretty good, but they have some PHP limitations and you have to do certain things to unlock them. Some are really stupid, but meh, that's just me. So you should probably read their informal and erronated documents :)P) carefully to see if those limitations affect you.

Overall, if you don't need MySQL, 110mb it's probably good for you.

UnknowVector

Reaction score
O_O, I signed up for a gmail account, so that I could get an x10 forum account, so I could sign up for an x10 web account...

Ultimately, I went with x10 because their ToS was more readable, and because they give me MySQL access, in case I ever want to practice :)

I'm not very far in my design yet, and there is no php (that means no game yet) but there is a page to look at. An ugly one.

http://eealrising.x10hosting.com/

If you guys see any problems, please tell me. Also, x10 gave me some javascript for the ad on the right side, is that the text-based ad that I am required to put on my page?

Thanks for the advice.

UnknowVector

Reaction score
Actually I don't mind the x10hosting tacked on the end. It makes my url look more threatening.

Thanks though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.