Will this work?

Chaos_Knight

Reaction score
Okay, will this work? I think it wont but i assume it still will leak.
Trigger:
  • Triger
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_MyVar)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(usg_MyGroup)

To destroy leaks?

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
Why would you even consider doing that? Just clean the leaks whenever you create them, something like this should not be done.

Larcenist

Reaction score
It would all depend on what you mean with "work". It will compile, though it will constantly try to remove locations that do not exist, and destroy groups that are not there. If you for some unfathomable reason want to achieve this, then by all means it "works".

Chaos_Knight

Reaction score
It would all depend on what you mean with "work". It will compile, though it will constantly try to remove locations that do not exist, and destroy groups that are not there. If you for some unfathomable reason want to achieve this, then by all means it "works".

If i create a trigger where it doesnt remove this leak. Will it work then, with this trigger?

Larcenist

Reaction score
I'm not sure how constant double freeing of locations and similar affects the game, since it's just plainly dumb to do to begin with. It would remove your locations and groups, but the better alternative is to do it correctly, within the trigger using them.

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
It will work, but it may inadvertently remove a leak that wasn't intended to be removed yet, thus causing major errors. It is always best to remove leaks in the triggers that they occur in, or else it could lead to many unintended errors.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.