Wind affecting missiles/ammo

vi3tbomba

Reaction score
This may be too advance but I haven't seen an example of this anywhere. I'm starting a Tower Defense and is starting to figure this one out.

wingdnosring

Reaction score
It can be done, but it will be no walk in the park. The first issue to address would be wind direction.

We know that if your towers can shoot different angles, the current wind direction will affect them all differently, which would lead me to believe you would need to trigger every projectile instead of using the data editor.

Based on that fact alone, I would forget it if I were you. If it was just one projectile, or one tower in your TD it would be realistic, but triggering potentially thousands of projectiles would be an absolute nightmare. Plus, the mathematic equations involved in something like that when coupled with missile height, collision detection, and missile arcs would be nothing short of mind blowing. By all means, attempt it if you wish though :S.

jleips2600

Reaction score
Couldn't you create a behavior that can stack and applies a force? And then when the wind changes, have the behavior casted on each projectile in play (and applies current behavior values to any projectiles created). And have the source of the behavior be the direction of wind and have the strength of the wind be the stack count?
Something like that...?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.