Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Winky the Wombat Game (updated):

Look! It's Winky!

*GASP!*

"FIXES":

-Sliding not so major
-Winky can now walk and jump instead of stand movement =D.
-Added more to the level.
---
-Level 1 finished (no exit though ;)).
-Winky's jump button is now CTRL.
-Scrolling made (alot) less laggy.
---
-Scrolling at its best.
-Winky's jump button is now the up arrow key.
-Level 2 is finished.

Arrow keys to move, Space to jump, no enemies no attacks yet.

As it progresses Winky'll have a hell of a lot of attacks and a character selection at the beginning (switch between different Winky disquises).

Enjoy and feed my back, also give suggestions :).

~Jindo

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
First off... No moving animation. It's like sliding a peice of cardboard across the screen, man... How could you?

And your movement system... Well... To be polite? It sucks. I hate it. It's hard to move because you continue to slide after you stop holding the keys. Jumping is made even more difficult by this same little glitch.

The different Winky's should have different attacks. The Reaper dude would obviously use death-dealing type stuff while the Chainsaw-wielding Winky would probably have some slashing action in there. Basically, stick to what the Winky's got in his cards.

Mullit

Reaction score
first of all, its great to see thw winky game after so long of you first mentioning it. however i couldnt agree more with what alexander said plus winky seems to hit 'nothing' when trying to jump to the first platform because a fraction of him is touching it whilst jumping so he just stops. this makes it incredibly annoying when trying to get anywhere. i would suggest either making the gap between the platforms bigger or changing the 'collision' of winky/the platforms.
secondly, the screen doesnt follow fast enough, several times when i was trying to find a way further than the branches, i ended up jumping completely of the screen. it soon centered back but it would just be plain bad if that happened in the real game.
also i think you need some sort of user indication to power-ups or items or whatever you are going to include, even if its just a basic interface, it would add a lot to the game. at the moment just having winky and the world makes the game seem really 'bare', and have not much to it.
i know this is only a version to show the rough outline to the game but it still could be a lot better.
lastly, i see no indication of erwin anywhere in the game.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
WTF?! I played a couple of seconds, then i got stuck in the left wall. I tried to standoff the wall by pressing the right arrow, but the winky continued to walk to the left. And, finally, he disappeared :eek: . I tried to jump, I presed the arrows... no result. The winky was gone...

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
I got a similar thing as the one above ^^
Got stuck in the wall, continued to press the arrow keys, suddenly my winky started to climb the wall and flew out of the 'arena'.

Edit: The bug is easy to replicate.
Go as close to a wall as you can, then just move in the opposite direction.
(Its easy to do it on the bottom left wall)

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
no moving animation > i'm guessing because he just started working on it, and this is one of the first demo's and it's in alpha and not nearly done.

With the movement system, i agree though he should stop moving when i tell him to stop moving.

and lmao the glitch was hilarious, he came flying through the sky :p

the art is nice BTW

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Lol, if he gets stuck in the wall, pushing left makes him move right and pushing right makes him move left. So if he's stuck in the left wall, you can get him out by pushing the left arrow key.

But yea, it's insanely buggy, I hope you plan on fixing the collision sizes for the ends of the level.

I also find if you leap up the platforms to the branch (I've done it five times now...hard but possible to do with the ugly moving system) and then take a nosedive towards the beginning below, it's possible to get stuck in that wavy hole between the two layers of ground. And if you hold down the spacebar and move the arrow keys to keep jumping around until you hit a corner, you can fall through the second corner and off the edge of the level :p

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
sqarge was probably most accurate :p.

It's no where NEAR finished, I'm aware of all those bugs and stuff but I can fix them quickly (starting with the animation movement).

~Jindo

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
Awesome! :D

Man, I started bounding him off walls and it was like ping-pong! It was funny :D

Nice first version ^^ Love the winky :D

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
i see....... thats how it is jindo? ehhh! backstabber! what happend to smurf winky!
he was the only one! who should have ever even been thought of to be the main char!

but really.that was a bit odd. maybe for testing you should put some enemys in there and make us able to attack. nayy

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
read my reply >.<.

All the different modes are gonna be added.

But COME ON, what's smurf winky gonna do? hug attack? :p.

~Jindo

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
I got the wall bug, but fixed it. Also, the sliding after landing a jump is very annoying. Even the usual "jump and THEN move left/right" strat doesn't help here. You could at least make the slide weaker.

And yes, do make a walking graphic.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
kk, I fixed the slide a short while ago, still slides but not nearly as annoying :).

Also, I'm doin a walking (maybe attacking) animation before uploading it again :).

~Jindo

Z

Zero R.

Why does Winky ricochet like so? When you hit a wall while jumping, he well.. recochets. And for the movement system... I won't say anything, they said it all.

And how many Winky disguises are you planning? Will there be a Jesus Winky or something of the sort?

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
Jesus Winky? This sounds more like Madness Combat every day. :p

He ricochets because (at least until he gets a walk anim), he's really just a cardboard cutout attatched to a rubber ball.

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
I had the same problem he hit the wall, moved closer in, disappeared, and a few seconds later fell off from the sky.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Kenito said:

He ricochets because (at least until he gets a walk anim), he's really just a cardboard cutout attatched to a rubber ball.

I hate Madness, and these are other people's ideas.

I'm goings to say you unlock more modes by beating secret levels and bosses ^_^.

~Jindo

Z

Zero R.

Kenito said:

Not my fault.

And I was going to suggest a Dildo Winky and a Stickman Winky, but I decided not to.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.