Winky the Wombat Game:

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
@Muillt: Thanks, but PLEASE STOP reporting the bugs which are at the beginning, I've played through level 1 a billion times and I KNOW which bugs are where.

@Kenito: Same, I'll Fix those bugs some other time, for now, I just need suggestions and stuff, The shakiness adds to style and I can't change that without really messing up the game.

But yeah, both of you seem to have a serious problem with bugs so I'm going to fix the scrolling some more.

---

EVERYONE PLEASE STOP REPORTING WALL BUGS, NO MATTER WHERE THEY ARE, THEY'RE ALL THE SAME AND I'M SURE ONE ADJUSTMENT WILL FIX THEM ALL!

However the levels all need to be designed to perfection before I can make this adjustment.

---

Anywayz, thanks for the comments.

~Jindo

mixmax2

RedArmyGangsta
Reaction score
at Certain points in the Wall, you can jump into it and be carried all the way up instantly, that is obviously because of the way the platform engine actionscript is setup(My game used something close to the same thing.), to fix that you need to make the left and right wall hitboxes BIGGER then the actual wall. Not by much but enough to prevent people from jumping into it at that special point and being transferred all the way to the top instantly. I know you've told us to stop submitting wall bugs :D Well I just wanted to tell you what's causing them, the collision hittest for the wall makes it so your x=0, well if your inside the wall, your x would be 0, but at the top, so again, just make the left and right wall collision boxes bigger(Make invisible boxes inside the wall movieclips).

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I sort of get what you saying.

If by hitboxes you mean the edges of the symbol (the blue square) and i got to make the square bigger than the object, then yeah I'll do that.

~Jindo

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Bump with an update:

FIXES:
Floor doesn't bump
Winky barely Slides at all
Wall bugs decreased
Secret area added to level 1 with nothing in it :D.

FLASH PLAYER 9 REQUIRED

The Game.. is Over There!

Using the method that I decided, there are now some problems come back to haunt us, like falling through floors, I AM AWARE OF ALL THE PARTS WHERE YOU FALL THROUGH THE FLOOR, DON'T REPORT THEM.

If they frustrate you, right-click and select Forward to go to Level 1 Part 2.

~Jindo

Mullit

Reaction score
its much better that it was but i found a few new minor bugs that i though i should post.
firstly when i went to enter the exit cave, i just fell through the floor back down to the grass. i then tried jumping to the exit to avoid falling but 1 just fell through the entire next level.
secondly you can fall straight through the yellow heads on the wall.
winky1st5.jpg

and last of all i found a few places where winky 'floats'
winky2lg8.jpg

> sorry i didnt read the bit on your last post about falling through floors i just clicked the link.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
lol, okay.

+rep if you can figure out why Winky 'floats' ;) (It's based on the method I used to stop all the camera bumping).

I know about the bug with the exit, but I didn't know about part 2, I'll check the cave out.

EDIT: The method that I used for part I didn't use for part 2, so I need to do that now, then level 2 will work out fine.

~Jindo

Mullit

Reaction score
i know nothing about flash but my guess is something to do with him using a line to walk on instead of the black edge of the platform. and the line just goes over the graas in that position.
(even if im not right you can +rep me anyway, it is my birthday after all :p )

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
Winky barely Slides at all

He barely slides but he is still slow as hell :p

Perhaps making him a bit faster for those long stretches :rolleyes:

Oh yea, the first wall to your left is buggy as hell. Before I got to the top I got stuck 3 times. 1 time I fell to my... Who knows. And the other 2 times I got back in.

Just pointing that out, if you didn't already know.

I think I found the secret level ( ;) )

winky01wk7.jpg

It took a while to get there, because as you might know theres a small space to get there. Perfect place to encounter a wall bug :p

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
Is it just me or is it everytime I look at a Winky he is eaither halfway through a wall, in the secret level, or drunk?? :rolleyes:

IS IT JUST ME???!!! :p

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Halo_king116 said:
Is it just me or is it everytime I look at a Winky he is eaither halfway through a wall, in the secret level, or drunk?? :rolleyes:

IS IT JUST ME???!!! :p

I think it's just you :p.

MUSIC FOR THE GAME:

Escaping Winter's Grip - Flashburn Incredibly awesome track which I'm gonna use for the icy wasteland levels :).

Chronolo - MusicalSerenity Pretty classy Arcade-styled track which is going into the game for the lab levels :).

Racstraw - Triskele Very ambient track, since the icy wasteland has been covered, This one's going down for the forest levels :).

Saga - Rough Mix - Metaljonus This doesn't best suit the game but the beginning sure as hell does, the creator offered to cut any part of these songs thjat I liked, so the first 8 beats of this song will be used for the cave levels :).

---

So far so good, I've also got Jimpy on the case, he sent some good fight scene music :p.

~Jindo

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
3 Little Glitches I found, also at the tree you can fall through if you jump under the bottom right branch.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
kc102 said:
3 Little Glitches I found, also at the tree you can fall through if you jump under the bottom right branch.

AAAARGH!

Read one of my earlier posts where it says 'I know all about these glitches and will fix them, just try not to worry too much about them atm'.

Still, Thx, I didn't know about the cave glitch (I've focused more on the fores so far).

~Jindo

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Going up those platforms takes you to a dead end, there will be a 2nd exit there.

Going PAST the platforms take you to different platforms which take you to the exit, go there :p.

~Jindo

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
bump!

oo, some posts have been deletez :eek:.

BAD NEWS:

Imageshack isn't accepting the .swf for some reason, it's about 338 kb so filesize isn't the case.

If anyone can host it meanwhile that would be awesome (Photobucket isn't an option atm :p).

~Jindo

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Reason why he floats: The Winky Movie clip is really a square that is wider than the u in the grounds. heh only flash ppl would know that

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
mase said:
Reason why he floats: The Winky Movie clip is really a square that is wider than the u in the grounds. heh only flash ppl would know that

Actually, it was pretty simple to figure out... If anyone actually thought he was "floating", someone needs to be smacked.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Yep, EVEN ThOUGH you are wrong :D.

That's not the reason at all, there's a script in Winky's mc that makes winky go up slopes and curves, so it shouldn't be bumping.

But you are close :p.

~Jindo

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
I got really far and then Winky decided to climp up the side of the level and jump off, and that was the end of that.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
corvusHaunt said:
I got really far and then Winky decided to climp up the side of the level and jump off, and that was the end of that.

Yes, my mind control works!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.