Winky the Wombat : Revived?

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Yep, I found a kickass scripter who was willing to make a platformer of my choice, so I suggested winky (a wombat, I assure you) and told him about how alot of people really wanted to see him made into a game.

He agreed, and we've gotten pretty far with the movement engine :), it's already 50x times better than my old one from last year :p.

Latest Preview

This is the last one he sent me so far, I've made two more animations that he wanted for it since then (duck and an animation for when he's near the edge of a ledge/cliff), but they haven't been added yet.

Comment are appreciated :).

(By the way, the blue and red dots are just there for collision testing, they'll be gone when the game's finished)

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
Well...I bugged it...

See this :-<
bugxt9.jpg

Edit:
Imageshack are acting strange lately...it upload my image badly...
Here's another :-(

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Well that's new D:

The only bug I managed to make was from jumping that ledge, I fell through the ground.

I'll let him know, thanks :)!

EDIT: Managed to replicate it, it happens when you press the Down Arrow key whilst hanging on that ledge.

If you wait a minute or two, it gives you a message saying Flash is running slowly, and you won't have to restart Firefox after that :).

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
A stupid suggestion:
Make it like paintball....we able to draw and edit the terrain during this beta testing....means we will be able to draw and erase terrain xD

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
^ Not a bad idea, I've seen a number of games like this, but I might make a game of its own for that sort of thing, this is gonna be an epic platformer, at least 16 levels full of stuff xP.

EDIT: Enemy Designs

Knocksious

Sweet, I got 2 little green bars!
Reaction score
Haha, I really Like all the animations

especially the 90 degree turn winky makes when jumping

Enemies all look great

The only thing that kinda looks possibly a little weird is
the tail, it took me awhile to decide that it was a tail

However, I am not familiar with the character, so I wouldn't want to
insult a certain wombat

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Pretty nice! but! Its zoombed out a little much, i can't tell that it is winky D:

Not sure what you mean there? D:

Haha, I really Like all the animations

especially the 90 degree turn winky makes when jumping

Enemies all look great

Thanks for those compliments ;).

The only thing that kinda looks possibly a little weird is
the tail, it took me awhile to decide that it was a tail

However, I am not familiar with the character, so I wouldn't want to
insult a certain wombat

Just so ya know, what kind of Wombat you're messing with ;):

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=33453
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29133

Good times :rolleyes:

Oh wow. Something which might inspire me to have renewed faith in the internet's time-wasting capabilities :p

Haha nice comment <3.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Nice preview ;).

Btw, I suppose the bug is caused by an infinite loop or something along those lines. If the guy already sorted it out, it's all fine :p.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
It can be even a for(). Actually, it could be because somthing else as well... just get it fixed :p.

Actually, for loops are what cause my games to crash usually, but this is when I test them, so I fix them in the end :).

He won't be able to fix it until tomorrow, but we can all wait, right? <3

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
I couldn't help but notice that when you are running at full speed, you lose a lot of your momentum when you jump (aka you slow down a lot if you jump). Is it supposed to be like that? Or would you rather it be like super mario bros 3?

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I couldn't help but notice that when you are running at full speed, you lose a lot of your momentum when you jump (aka you slow down a lot if you jump). Is it supposed to be like that? Or would you rather it be like super mario bros 3?

We are basing the physics off alot of different platformers, and Winky's movement is based off super mario bros :).

(The style and gameplay is aiming more to be like Jazz Jack Rabbit 2.. Awesome, addictive and fun :)).

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Dude, Winky is awesome. There should be a Winky site. ;) [<-- Wink + "y" = Winky]

This game is awesome. Atm, we can't do much but damn, it is awesome already. Lol... Also, what does AS2 mean? Does it mean AutoScript? Just wondering. What language did he script it in? German? jk.. :p

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
>>what does AS2 mean?
Action Script or....Is there a script called AutoScript?

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Nvm.. It means "Action Script", it is for Flash. Does it require Flash to learn and use though? xD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.