Winter is Coming

A

Atreides

Yeah I know this is a double post of sorts, but I had an idea for heroes that I need feedback on.

As opposed to the regular hero system where you have 3 levelable, learnable hero skills and an ultimate, I thought of this: Each hero starts out with 1-4 skills. They gain levels are normal heros, but their skills upgrade automatically upon reaching a certain level, and again at a later level. They gain an ultimate when they reach a certain level. Demi-heroes would also be like heroes, except they would not have an icon on the left hand side of the screen, and would gain less attributes, and possibly no ability upgrades. So what this would do would 1) make it so that I don't have to come up with filler skills for heroes, thus making there be less overall hero skills and large hero groups more manageable, and 2) save me loads of time in the editor making hero skills (less skills, no learn tooltips). They only downside I see to this is less hero skill customization and a few more triggers in an already trigger-laden map. So should I do this or stick with the regular system?

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
I'm the books' fan, yes, I love them (I miss so much Tyrion's jokes though...), if there is anything I can do to help, let me know!

Hear Me Roar!!

A

Atreides

I don't know. Probably depends a lot on how much mapping I do in college (if any), and whether or not I implement the hero idea I wrote about a couple posts above (it would probably save me a good bit of time cause making spells would be easier). It's great to know people are looking forward to this, so that should help motivate me to go faster:)

A

Atreides

The Iron Islands

Pyke: (with Iron Holt in the background)
Pyke1b.jpg

Hammerhorn:
Hammerhorn1a.jpg

Ten Towers:
Ten_Towers1b.jpg

Pebbleton:
Pebbleton1b.jpg

Old Wyk:
Old_Wyk1b.jpg

and Winterfell with some new towers:
Winterfell1c.jpg

H

Hjalle

Looks very nice, can't wait to see the outcome, btw, the pillars or towers or whatever on "Winterfall" seems kind of strange imo.

Keep up the good job. :)

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Never read the books, nothing too special about the towns. But the walls look very rounded and that makes it stick out alot compared to other games. Thats what I think ;)

A

Atreides

The Vale of Arryn

Bloody Gate:
Bloody_Gate1a.jpg

Heart's Home:
Hearts_Home1a.jpg

Longbow Hall:
Longbow_Hall1a.jpg

Ironoaks:
Ironoaks1a.jpg

Gulltown:
Gulltown1a.jpg

Strongsong:
Strongsong1a.jpg

Runestone:
Runestone1a.jpg

Gates of the Moon:
Gates_of_the_Moon1a.jpg

The Eyrie:
The_Eyrie1b.jpg

Overview of the Eastern Vale, including Redfort: (gives an idea of what the Vale outside of the castles is gonna look like once I terrain them)
Eastern_Vale1a.jpg

A

Atreides

It won't be done for a good while. Not only is it not my only current project, but I'm gonna get my wisdom teeth pulled soon, and then college (will probably mean more life/sailing, less warcraft). So a lot of disturbances in the near future. But I'll still be working on it...right now I'd say the terrain is at least 25% done, and almost half the spawn triggers are done. Heroes however, are far from done.

A

Atreides

Mountain Clan Camps:

Moon Brothers and Burned Men Camps-
Moon_Brothers_and_Burned_Men_Camps1.jpg

Black Ears Camp-
Black_Ears_Camp1a.jpg

Stone Crows Camp-
Stone_Crows_Camp1a.jpg

Door1337

Reaction score
Hey, so I realize this is hella necroing a dead post, but assuming that the map is entirely scrapped at this point, would anyone know how to either contact Atreides or obtain an editable copy of the map? If it's ok with Atreides, I wanna see if I can salvage his terrain for a different ASoIaF themed map I want to work on...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.