Minigame [WIP] PotM Wars

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
This was an idea I had a bit earlier and I'm finally getting around to doing something with it.

Anyway, the basic idea of this is you control a Priestess of the Moon. You have 4 spells, Elune's Arrow, Leap, Starfall and Moonlight Shadow (sound familiar?)

Elune's Arrow: Fires off an arrow that moves in a straight line and will knock anything it hits flying backwards. 3 second cooldown.
Starfall: A star crashes down on a target point after a 2 second delay, completely obliterating everything it hits. 7 second cooldown.
Leap: Jumps to target point within 800 range. 1 second cooldown.
Moonlight Shadow: Makes you invisible and immune to getting hit by spells for 5 seconds. 30 second cooldown.

The arena is as follows: There is a 16x16 grid. Each grid has a single standing column in it. Around the column is a pit of death and doom and abyssness. If you fall into the pit, you die. You move around by leaping from column to column. Some columns are connected by bridges. Some groups of 2x2 columns are connected so they form one giant platform.

So basically what you do is jump from column to column and try to hit enemies with your arrow (if you hit them, they will get knocked off into the pit) or with the starfall which will just kill them. Use moonlight shadow to dodge arrows and starfalls.

Modes:

Deathmatch - Free-for-all game where whoever gets 25 kills first wins. 3 rounds.

Timed Deathmatch - Same as above except whoever has the most kills after 10 minutes wins. 3 rounds.

Capture the Flag - Different arena that is 8x24, two teams, walk over the flag to capture it and then bring it back to your base. First team to score 5 wins.

Ursa Mode! - OMG THAR BE URSAZ! Your enemy Ulfsaar has come with his tribe of evil furbolgs to kill you. Ursas vs. priestesses, first team to get 100 kills wins.
Ursas have 25 damage (priestesses have 100 life) and these abilities:
  • Earthshock: Leaps to target point within 800 range and slams the ground, slowing down priestesses and silencing them for 3 seconds. 3 second cooldown.
  • Frenzy: Increases your attack speed by 300% for 5 seconds. 15 second cooldown.
  • Spree: When you get 3 kills without dying, you get increased movement speed and a 25% chance to evade spells.
  • Boulder: Like elune's arrow except moves slower and has a bigger projectile.

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
Upload screenshots as soon as you can, sounds cool :thup:

hunterrravyn

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
well sounds cool, mabye doing furby777 suggestion would make us have an idea of your arena a bit more (some people need visual aid :p)

and still sounds awsome

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
You don't need more heroes. It's "POTM WARS" like "Pudge Wars". You don't see Void running around in Pudge Wars. :) It's meant to focus on PotM.

Looks fun. PotM is ownage. :)

Ha, Ursa shall own PotM in this! IAS for melee ftw! Good luck! I'll be waiting. :thup:

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
OMG! LOL!
That looks cool :D I can't wait for it!
Anyway, Ursa Warrior is evil? ROFL. Next thing you know you will have Pudge allies XD

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Ursa warrior is evil in this :p

Anyways I think void might actually be a good addition xP

But that would come later.

Now, what I need is a good projectile system and a good jump system because I'm crap at coding. I searched the resources section here but found nothing I could use as far as projectiles and the jump systems I found are kinda lame because they use crow form.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> kinda lame because they use crow form

What's so lame about that? o_O You need (Storm) Crow Form to be able to set flying height. Which is normal...

Anyway, nice idea. I hope you complete this :).

> void

You mean Time Stopper? This will be fun :p.

Some resources:
Leap
Elune's Arrow

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Yes, I meant him. Haha, Void would be interesting in this since his spells are a good "evading" type hero so it would take skill to dodge arrows/boulders/etc. :) Maybe as a "short-duration bonus hero" pick-up that transforms you into Void for like 30 seconds.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Well my thoughts on having Void would be these spells:

Time Walk: Like leap except faster and you can't get hit in midair by arrows.

Chronosphere: Stops time at target area, anyone that enters the area is paralyzed (so you can shoot them!). 2 second casting delay.

Gravity Distort: Fires an orb of darkness in a line, units that it hits are pulled with it.

Evasion: Has a 25% chance to evade arrows.

And then we could have a Phantom Lancer too ;)

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Ghostwind said:
And then we could have a Phantom Lancer too ;)
This is sounding to be like "Mini-DotA" with cooldowns shortened and spells edited only a little.
"PoTM Wars" turns into "Mini-DotA" :confused: ?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
This can be big(as big as mini games go) But don't steal anything from dota.Like, change the names atleast. If it is like dota it will make your map look shity!!!!

Leazy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
This can be big(as big as mini games go) But don't steal anything from dota.Like, change the names atleast. If it is like dota it will make your map look shity!!!!

Man that sounds pretty stupid. Say one reason why he keeping the old names of the skills for example would make the map shitty? Look at Pudge Wars, how big is not that? And it has the old names etc.

By the way, I made a map exactly like this some time ago, if I can find it maybe I can post it so you can look at it =)

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
The point of this is that it's based on DotA. If I change all the names it will suck and people will think it's a ripoff.

This is sounding to be like "Mini-DotA" with cooldowns shortened and spells edited only a little.
"PoTM Wars" turns into "Mini-DotA" :confused: ?

Well I am only putting in PotM for the first version. Ursa maybe in the second, and the rest, well we shall see about them.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Hey, I just thought of a good idea :)
When you kill people, you get some kind of score based on the level difference between you and the enemy (say you are 1 level higher, you will get less points, lower level than the guy, more points). With these points, you can buy special stuff, maybe call it Reputation (lol).
With lots of Reputation or something, you can buy this kind of special item that you can use to call allies to help you, for example an item "Unseen Striker". It allows you to summon Rikimaru :)D) to the battle which will help you backstab enemies and stuff for a short duration, then he teleports away (Scroll of TP).
Reputation will not be spent on the items, but you must hav enough to buy certain items (kinda like the Lumber in Battle Ships).
Also, maybe when you win a battle with a hero, you a part of a code to unlock another hero. When you complete the code, you can type it in at the start of the game to allow you to use another hero. When you complete more games with the other hero, you get another code. E.G. You win 1 round with PotM, you get F _ _ _ _ _ _. Each time you win another game, you get a random part of the code (even if you already have that part). When you complete the code, it would be FURBOLG (for example), then you type it at the start of the game to get Ursa Warrior.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Then people who have played before gain an unfair advantage, next to the fact that they know how to play.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Here is what I am implementing that is like that but has no effect on the actual game.

It is a rank system with a simple save/load code system.

When you play, you get "XP" points for kills and lose them for deaths etc. You can rank up to get different cosmetic changes.

Like at rank 2, instead of having PotM you would have Luna, exact same abilities but different graphics. Instead of Ursa you would have Void. Etc.

Sound good?

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Ok, well I've started on it and if all goes well I can release an alpha by tomorrow. If not, well, it might take a bit longer, we shall see :)

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Ok, that's better, just model changes. But how about this, depending on what model you choose, each is like a "suit" with its own speciality, but not rigged so that it is better. The speciality would not exactly make it better so that the player has an unfair advantage, but it would help slightly. For example:

-Luna's Veil - Luna - when activated, gains a 15 armor boost for 3 seconds; 60 second cooldown

-Furbolg Rage - Ursa - when activated, gains 250% attackspeed for 3 seconds; 60 second cooldown

-Time Distortion - Void - when activated, slows all enemies in a 1000 area around Void by 75% for 3 seconds; 60 second cooldown

And some others.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.