[WIP] Project Sylvanus

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I started this a while ago. It's an FPS that I'm developing using ShiVa. It's about a war between two future factions of humankind, and one of the factions, the Alliance, is attacked by the Coalition, the other major party, and several ships flee, but because of the severely damaged systems onboard the ships they end up in a dead zone. They pick up a trace from a planet called Sylvanus, which isn't listed in the systems. With no other choice, they get to Sylvanus and send a small recon team to prepare a SitRep about it, since no response came to their transmissions. The team finds the city they landed in to be dead, but planet is habitable and was at one point. On their way back to the dropship, they're attacked by something, but with little oxygen left on the ships they have no choice but to drop onto the planet and use the Terraforming Unit to send out a distress signal.

http://www.moddb.com/games/project-sylvanus

Looking for input.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Currently you don't seem to have much to show, but from the looks of what you got it looks quite well:thup:

I don't think that I will be able to test it when you are done tho:( Since I have a really-low-end machine:rolleyes: But I would love to test it some day:D

Btw, that M16 or whatever it is looks just awesome:)
+rep

Keep up the good work:thup:

Varine

Reaction score
Well I've been doing like everything by myself, and so it's taking a bit longer than I would want. I'm working on making the intro level, which is when the team first lands, just so that I can show there's progress and hope I can recruit from there a little more. Right now I'm trying to work on getting land vehicles to work right, I made a little test when I was first playing with it that I'll record sometime soon I think (having virus issues... trying to transfer all of my data I need onto one drive so I can crash my main one and reformat it) and post that somewhere. On the guns, I'm going to have to run them through poly reducers because I didn't mean for them to be quite that high (I drew them out and then used programs that converted the CAD drawing things into 3D and I didn't know that it would make it like that, so I'll have to work on it some more I guess).

But yeah, right now it's starting to come along, albeit slowly.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
That sounds good:) I was curious also, what are you using to make this game?
From scratch? In that case, what language?

I know that it takes time to make a game, I myself is making a game, but it is a 2D one at first in c++. This is currently the second time I had to go back to basics to start learning something that I should have known before starting:p

I hope that we finish them both someday:)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Looks cool.
Did you make those models yourself?
Comment more when more information and updates.
:thup:

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Varine

Reaction score
They were made using a ton of different programs, not by hand, that's why the polies are so high (I don't intend on having a hundred thousand polies on the screen if like four soldiers have weapons). I'm going to update it as soon as I can, I've just gotten extremely busy recently so haven't had time to get a lot of my personal stuff done.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.