Campaign [WIP] The Odyssey

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
I figured making a campaign based off the odyssey would be a really good idea. You have all the bosses and missions laid out for you already, and the story is really good for a campaign.

So my idea for a mission layout is this:

Opening Cinematic:
Leaving Troy

1st Mission: The lotus tribe, they have captured all of your men and you have to rescue them by sneaking into their camps and opening the cages. It will be very dark and the only way the tribesmen patrols can see you is if you walk in front of their line of sight (a cone of torchlight like this \/ in front of them, and they will walk around)

2nd Mission: Cyclops, make your way to the cave on the island by sneaking past the cyclops who is wandering around the island, but if you get too close you get smushed. Sneak into his cave and replace his wine with your really strong wine. "Kill" him while he is drunk, when he is "dead" he will start shouting at you and throwing rocks and you have to escape to your ship while he throws rolling boulders down the hill.
Short Cutscene: Poseidon talking to Zeus about how to deal with you.

3rd Mission: Circe's island, you have to trick her (will be dialog options to trick her and puzzles and shit) in order to get your men back, and then she will submit and give you gifts, or if you choose the easy way and kill her, you don't get half your men back but you can take all the loot in the palace.

4th Mission:
POSEIDON ATTACKS! You are in a boat and you have to sail from point A to point B while dodging storms, tidal waves and tornadoes as well as battling a sea monster at the end.

5th Mission: You are on your boat with your mini-fleet sailing around in a circle in a whirlpool, every time you go past the cave Scylla the Hydra will stick her 6 heads out of her cave and attack one of your ships. You have to shoot her heads with arrows that are fired like Elune's arrow in DotA.

Cutscene: Your men commit mutiny and eat the golden cattle, you sail back but you are struck by lightning and your crew all die. You wash up on the shores of Ithaca.
Cutscene: You meet up with your son Telemachus and you decide to kill the suitors in your house but you get a plan to do it sneakily.

Mini-Mission 6: The archery contest, you have to do better than the suitors in order to win.

Cutscene:
When you win, Antinous the lead enemy insults you and you do some sweet slow-mo arrow thing where you put an arrow through his face and he goes flying off the table.

Mission 7: You have to get to Penelope to rescue her from suitors who are trying to kidnap her while fighting wave after wave of minibosses, and then at the end there is one really powerful king who you have to fight.

Final Cutscene: tbd.

So, ideas?

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
This sounds pretty cool, I'm actually reading the Odyssey right now. I actually was thinking about doing something inspired by the Odyssey, my own version of Varian Wrynn's escape from Alcaz Island and return to Stormwind. But I didn't like my story, so I trashed the idea.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Anything really... even things like links to good models would be very much appreciated.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.