US News Woman out $400K to 'Nigerian scam' con artists

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
Spears fell victim to the "Nigerian scam," which is familiar to almost anyone who has ever had an e-mail account.

The e-mail pitch is familiar to most people by now: a long-lost relative or desperate government official in a war-torn country needs to shuffle some funds around, say $10 million or $20 million, and if you could just help them out for a bit, you get to keep 10 (or 20 or 30) percent for your trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:

eellem1

Life is made of the little things, live it well
Reaction score
I was just talking to some friends the other day about something like this or it could be the exact same thing. It was a work from home scam and the co was based in Nigeria.

Must be very careful!!

quraji

zap
Reaction score
It really amazes me how people are constantly reaching new heights of stupidity. How anyone can fall for any scam like this really boggles my mind.

Even if you have a gambling problem...there's a chance you can make some money back.

I suppose though, that 'victims' of scams such as this can make money back through donations from others..

On the subject of donations/sympathy...does anyone remember SaveToby?

Berserk

Reaction score
I've never received e-mail like that and I find them to be really annoying... Why does somebody falls for this one when it really is well known scam, I always wonder that.

Matemeo

Reaction score
It's not that she fell for it once, but many, many times over a two year period. What a dolt!

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I got one from an outcast Persian king. Persian and king and outcast and million were all spelled wrong.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.