Working with blighting and unblighting texture

idk_a_name

ABC GUM :D
Reaction score
I was wondering if you could have a unit with a specific aura blight the ground in say a 200 radius around the unit as it walks.
And in contrary to that, a unit with another specific aura can Unblight the ground as it walks on it.

If so, what would the trigger look like. Please and thank you.

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You should periodically blight or unblight the area around the units.

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Yes change the terrain around units with the abilities with a periodic event then pick units with the ability then use the terrain change action

Komaqtion

Reaction score
Use this:
Trigger:
  • Blight Aura
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Group = (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Level of Blight Aura for (Matching unit)) Greater than 0))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Temp_Group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (TempPoint is blighted) Not equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Environment - Create Blight for (Owner of (Picked unit)) from TempPoint to a radius of 100.00
            • Else - Actions
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Temp_Group)
      • Set Temp_Group = (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Level of Un-Blight Aura for (Matching unit)) Greater than 0))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Temp_Group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (TempPoint is blighted) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Environment - Remove Blight for (Owner of (Picked unit)) from TempPoint to a radius of 100.00
            • Else - Actions
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Temp_Group)

Note: The event should probably be change to a higher value, like 0.1 or more :S

The abilities "Create Blight" and "Remove Blight" are just custom abilities based on Brilliance Aura (You can base it on any passive ability or aura) which I changed all values to 0 :D

sur5al

Reaction score
Is there any diference for which player blight is created? Why it has to be "owner of picked unit"?
Why the trigger to remove blight doesn't work on the blight that was created by undead buildings? (by their original grow blight ability)
I want to use undead builgings with a hudge area of effect and grow blight slowly. That's easy. But i also wana make night elf buildings that repel this blight grow. I want them to prevent blight growing and keep the grass green in a small area around them until they are destroyed.
Original blight dispel ability of buildings doesn't work that way. It removes blight once the buildings are finished being constructed. And it only removes blight if there are no blight creating buildings nearby. So it doesn't counter the blight grow :(

Komaqtion

Reaction score
Well, why not simply add the "Remove Blight" custom ability to the undead units, and remove the old one they have...
And the same for Night Elves buildings, but add "Add Blight" to them ;)

That should work ;)

sur5al

Reaction score
The best thing of original "grow blight" ability of undead buildings is that you can adjust how fast it grows and expands. You can make it expand very slowly, like 1 title square per minute. that's the beauty of it :) I think its probably impossible to do that with customly triggered ability since triggers can only pick building and create blight in an area around them at once.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.