World of Warcraft, dying?

How Good/Bad do you think WoW is.

• Total voters

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
Doesn't it seem like WoW is kinda losing intrest from alot of people (including me) I mean its like $15 a month to play. I sold my level 60 hunter and level 42 druid together for $300. Once you've seen much of blizzards world wouldn't you thionk that they should just make a new Warcraft? Warcraft allows people to design and program they're own games making Battle.net infidently better then a limited World of Warcraft. Let me know what you think on the poll.

U

Uzi8

Yes

Yeah,i think its time for warcraft 4 or a warcraft 3 expansion(another)!

G

g1real

How many of these threads are here about "Do you like wow?" C'mon, why the poll, it doesn't make sense about the topic.

Also, go search on the forums, enough answers on why blizz ISNT gonna make a wc4 or expansion.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Dude, not everyone thinks like you. Some people are so damn addicted that will pay further. WoW is a money-making machine. Blizz ain't gonna leave this to dust.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
I guess you haven't been reading the news article on how the original WoW is going for $150 on eBay, and the CE of BC is already going for $300.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Your an idiot if you think WoW is dieing. And if you don't like WoW, keep it to yourself.

The Expansion pack is coming in under 2 weeks, so no, it sure as hell isn't dieing.

N

Nilazael

Your an idiot if you think WoW is dieing. And if you don't like WoW, keep it to yourself.

The Expansion pack is coming in under 2 weeks, so no, it sure as hell isn't dieing.

Amen to that. Plus, WoW is not a limited world. The expansion is bringing all sorts of new stuff, plus they bring out almost regular updates and patches.

Warcraft 3 is an RTS, and nowadays there are way too many wannabe RTS games coming out all over the place. WoW still leads the way in MMORPG. People say Everquest can be better, but personally I can't stand it.

Well, my opinion anyway.

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
Amen to that. Plus, WoW is not a limited world. The expansion is bringing all sorts of new stuff, plus they bring out almost regular updates and patches.

Warcraft 3 is an RTS, and nowadays there are way too many wannabe RTS games coming out all over the place. WoW still leads the way in MMORPG. People say Everquest can be better, but personally I can't stand it.

Well, my opinion anyway.

Well once you've played WoW for like 1.5 years the world seems very very limited. Who cares if another patch comes out, they're gonna add what... weather? or mabye a new race with all the same classes? to me this game seems limited and boring, mabye because I've played it so long

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
Well once you've played WoW for like 1.5 years the world seems very very limited. Who cares if another patch comes out, they're gonna add what... weather? or mabye a new race with all the same classes? to me this game seems limited and boring, mabye because I've played it so long

Can you find a game which is less limited than WoW? I sure can't.

Edit~ That sentence seems hard to understand so rephrase:

WoW is the most limitless game I've come across.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
WoW is the most limitless game I've come across.

"WoW is the leasted limited game i've ever come across." ?

Same here. :D Are there any other games where you can jump over fences and do things like that, or games with just as big a playable area?

The reason Warcraft III died down was probably from a lack of renovative (and also addicting) maps. I haven't seen many unique maps on the B.Net list lately, and I think people got bored of playing the same maps over, and got tired when they stopped making updates.

WoW is being constantly updated, with hundreds of different things you can do. An expansion is coming out, and you don't have to go through the hassle of joining a game, like in Warcraft III.

K

Kevin

Actually, the entire quest and lfg system for Turbine's Lord of the Rings: Online is probably a thousand times better than WoW.

HOWEVER

the entire system for turbine's LOTRO:SoA is build around Tolkien's lore, and their version of tolkien's lore is a complete bastardization of anything and everything Tolkien wrote.

Believe it or not, they did worse to Tolkien than Chris Metzen's space smurfs on steriods (Draenei) did to warcraft lore.

Corleone

Reaction score
I love WoW, and Ive spent hundreds of hours playing it. However, I quit in Octobre because of the expansion. I didn't feel like getting cool lvl 60 gear, because it would be useless at lvl 70 anyway. I'll probably come back some time soon, but I'm not 100% sure now. It was quite hard to quit... :eek:

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
LotRO is a very solid game. I'm just losing the fun of MMOs at the moment. I'm doin the C&C/WC3/FF XII and all that. So, I'm keeping busy. I like RTSs more because they require more skill. Maybe I'll get into WoW later. All my friends are still playing it.

K

Kevin

LotRO is a very solid game. I'm just losing the fun of MMOs at the moment. I'm doin the C&C/WC3/FF XII and all that. So, I'm keeping busy. I like RTSs more because they require more skill. Maybe I'll get into WoW later. All my friends are still playing it.

Questing and LFG are the only solid things about LotRO:SoA. Their lore screw ups make me want to retch. Their instances are awful. There are constant persistant bugs that the idiot programmers insist do not exist. Turbine is gonna fail miserably with LotRO:SoA. Just like they did with twitch combat DDO.

They have two good aspects in each game, but everyhing else is awful.

nomadian

Reaction score
WoW is ok, just time-intensive. And when the main reason you play is for the pvp, and you got to level up via the pve, it makes it even more time-intensive and not very fun when you have to opt a lot of time for something you don't enjoy much. Now if pvp was as valid a levelling option as Pve...

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
WoW is ok, just time-intensive. And when the main reason you play is for the pvp, and you got to level up via the pve, it makes it even more time-intensive and not very fun when you have to opt a lot of time for something you don't enjoy much. Now if pvp was as valid a levelling option as Pve...
Then twinking would not exist...BOOOO

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.