World of Warcraft Visa Card

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
In 2005, Sony Online Entertainment became the object of widespread derision when it let players order from Pizza Hut via in-game commands in EverQuest II. Nowhere was the mockery louder than at Blizzard Entertainment, developer of World of Warcraft, EQII's archrival in the massively multiplayer online role-playing game space. The Irvine, California-based developer/publisher even played an April Fools' Day prank satirizing the Pizza Hut function by posting a fake page about how players could order Chinese takeout in WOW.

This week, though, Blizzard set itself up for criticism of a harsher variety. The company has struck a first-of-its-kind gaming-banking deal with First National Bank to release a World of Warcraft Visa card. Much like the credit cards that offer frequent flyer miles for each dollar's worth of purchases, the new WOW Visa will give players of the MMORPG free play time for their consumption with the card. After receiving a free month of WOW for their initial purchase, players will receive "game time at the rate of 1 percent of every dollar in qualifying purchases." That means for each $1 spent on their WOW Visas, players will get $0.01 credit toward their $14.99 monthly subscription fee. Rewards are awarded through a points system.

Read more here.

-----------------------------------
Now that's what I call gaming to a whole new level.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I must have missed this submitted news or I would have moved it earlier. I agree, this is a very good marketing ploy.

Asehujiko

Reaction score
Great.

Now the electronics haters will run arround yelling "Games are ruining our economy".

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
And you only need to spend 1500 dollars using their card to get a whole month?
Though no doubt that people will go for it...marketing is an amazing thing after all.

johnnyfire

Reaction score
Genius... because some people will try to spend enough for that free month, jesus christ, who thought of it... they should be given a $100,000 bonus.

I do feel sorry for the suckers who use it and wind up in debt.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.