[WotS] War of the Scars

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
ED Entertainment, and Clan AotV's War of the Scars will be a game you'd play for long, the game play, unique heroes, they vary, War of the Scars will be the game you'd play for a long time, that is the reason you should play, I have decided to create a map, which I am fully dedicated to, and something which can be recognized, the same way DotA is recognized.

Map Progress: |||||||||||||||||||

War of the Scars is a map, basically, you have an outpost in the middle of nowhere, you select a hero, and start training him for battle, you can do that, by either killing Neutral Hostiles, or Enemy Heroes. Killing enemy heroes gives a lot more gold than killing Creeps, but they are far harder to kill, as a human hero has abilities, and they have skills which may aid them. You may buy items from the shops, the mountains, the forest, the swamp, and basic consumables, and recipes at your base. To win, the objective is to destroy your opponent's altar, that will anger his God, destroying every single form of life that worshiped the angered god. But, at the same time, you must defend your own altar, each base has 4 Defensive Towers, each cannot be repaired, or rebuilt, they will stay demolished once they are demolished, nothing can create another tower, because of balancing issues.

Completed:
- Terrain 50%
- Heroes
- Buildings
- Creeps
- Bases
- Starting Triggers

Incomplete:
- Items
- Advanced Triggers
- Leaderboard
- Gold System
- Hero Kill System
- Ability Sounds

Screenshots <---- I Will Post More Later
Troll Warrior vs Tauren Warlord
picture1iy4.png

People have been saying this is a Troll Warlord rip-off from DotA, but no, the Troll Warlord on Gains Bash through his First Ability, it isn't entire bash, and the Troll Warlord doesn't have Meld, like the Troll Warrior has, and the Troll Warlord doesn't have Endurance, which increases the Attackspeed of the Troll Warrior each time he gets attacked, but the Rage is needed because of the Bash that the Troll Warrior has.
Tauren Chieftain vs Spider Queen
Picture2-2.png
Tauren Chieftain, Voodoo Shaman vs Troll Warrior, Spider Queen
Picture3-2.png
The Above, has a bug, but it is fixed now.

Any help on this map, would be appreciated, as I have not yet mastered the arts of Gui, but I will soon, and turn to Jass.

Email me at [email protected], feel free to IM me at MSN, or you can add my Warcraft Username, Frozen_Shadow@Lordaeron.

IceWarrior98

Reaction score
Wow, I saw WotS and thought "War of the Servers". Then I read further and was like...oh... But anyways.

First and for most, the text you used in your post...TOO BRIGHT! It hurts the eyes :(

Where you said "War of the Scars will be the game you'd play instead of DotA, you'd throw DotA away and Swap it for WotS, that is the reason you should play,"...that's pretty selfish and quite a high goal you've set yourself. DotA although not my favourite map to play is the most popular map on Battle.net. Saying that your map is better before even releasing it only proves what you hope to acheive. I'm sure it will be popular in it's own way, but when it's first out I doubt much attention will be drawn to it.

From the screenshot available I see you at least have the layout in place and that's good. High level heros, hopefully not so high you'll never hit max in a life time. Terrain could use a bit more detail, a bunch of rocks doesn't look good, add more plant life.

That's all I can say so far. You didn't really give us much to go with. To me it sounds like a cheap DotA knock off made smaller with high hopes.

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Yes, thank you for your opinions, the terrain, I have just finished it, I haven't got the bit of idea on how to terrain yet, so I will do my best, and I will change the intro, as though I think people might be disturbed.

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
Any reason in particular why anyone would choose this before DotA? Any unique game-play systems? Also you said something about Unique Heroes, but from the screenshot it looks like you scored 3/5 of a DotA melee Troll Warlord's abilities; Bash, Endurance Aura, berserk.

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Alas, no, that Troll Warrior's Endurance Aura, isn't like Endurance Aura at all, the spell is called Endurance, it has no relation at all to the spell Endurance Aura.

There are unique Gameplay Systems which me and my partners have thought of, it's a surprise for now, but one is already done. ;)

takethat

Reaction score
Code:
that Troll Warrior's [B]Endurance Aura[/B], isn't like [B]Endurance Aura[/B] at all, the spell is called [B]Endurance[/B], it has no relation at all to the spell [B]Endurance Aura[/B].

this really funny :rolleyes:

dota isnt my type though, but ur aim is like to make a sport game so great that ppl stop playing strategy game to play that sport game

anyway, 1 screenshot is not enuff, more is demanded in order to give moe opinion(since ur desc is not detail at all)

and, pls no square terrain, make more curve

Arcane

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I agree with both "takethat" and "IceWarrior98".

1) Your terrain needs a lot of improvement.
2) Having high goals is good, but at least be realistic about your abilities.

Also: If you're going to make a project thread, don't be coy and hide stuff from us to be revealed later as a "surprise". Tell us these "unique gameplay features" and we'll tell you what we think about them.

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Thanks for your opinion guys, though, bad news, I have left my Warcraft computer a day ago, and I will have to wait and see when I can get back, because school is starting again >.>

PiCkstix

Reaction score
I have decided to create a map, which I am fully dedicated to, and something which can be recognized, the same way DotA is recognized.

> Good luck young soul!

punwisp

Reaction score
opinions? Some of what they said is fact, you can't just make a map and have all dota players switch to this one, things dont work like that. Like that one guy said, it would be like all RTS players switching to a sports game, its not going to happen. In order to spark people into wanting to play your map you have to give them enough interesting and original map info. The map looks fun, but hiding alot of info as a suprise isn't going to get a whole dota community interested lol.

Just so you know, unless you add alot of great features, and talk to Many dota fans to try your map, you most likely won't get your map recogonized like Dota, including sense a lot of players are brought into wc3 mainly for dota. you would have to get lot of dota players hands on this.

Anyway, what kind of items will there be? what kind of new spells? Heroes?

PS:Not saying you will or won't, but try your best not to copy anything from Dota, if you do, you wont get a very lets say "positive" feedback from the dota community.

a example of what im talking about is what larcenist said. If you copy any concept of dota, or same same kind of ideas, you wont get positive feedback from there community, if they do they will prob call it a dota rip off or something. But good luck!

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
opinions? Some of what they said is fact, you can't just make a map and have all dota players switch to this one, things dont work like that. Like that one guy said, it would be like all RTS players switching to a sports game, its not going to happen. In order to spark people into wanting to play your map you have to give them enough interesting and original map info. The map looks fun, but hiding alot of info as a suprise isn't going to get a whole dota community interested lol.

Just so you know, unless you add alot of great features, and talk to Many dota fans to try your map, you most likely won't get your map recogonized like Dota, including sense a lot of players are brought into wc3 mainly for dota. you would have to get lot of dota players hands on this.

Anyway, what kind of items will there be? what kind of new spells? Heroes?

PS:Not saying you will or won't, but try your best not to copy anything from Dota, if you do, you wont get a very lets say "positive" feedback from the dota community.

a example of what im talking about is what larcenist said. If you copy any concept of dota, or same same kind of ideas, you wont get positive feedback from there community, if they do they will prob call it a dota rip off or something. But good luck!

Here, dota players like maps which are simple, not mostly maps which have complicated systems, this is how I will make people play my map more than dota, and thanks for the luck piCkstix

One more thing, dota players like heroes who stick to their theme of battle, no one likes a footman casting flamestrike, people like a footman who's built for battle, those are what attract people. Like a troll who's built for criticals, or bash, or slow, or some % chance because he is an agility, or people like a witch doctor who has spells which deal damage, but is vulnerable, like a troll which doctor who has a non-channeling % of Max HP damage spell, I will use these elements to try and put a challenge against DotA.

People have been saying this is a Troll Warlord rip-off from DotA, but no, the Troll Warlord on Gains Bash through his First Ability, it isn't entire bash, and the Troll Warlord doesn't have Meld, like the Troll Warrior has, and the Troll Warlord doesn't have Endurance, which increases the Attackspeed of the Troll Warrior each time he gets attacked, but the Rage is needed because of the Bash that the Troll Warrior has.

Reaction score
Here, dota players like maps which are simple, not mostly maps which have complicated systems, this is how I will make people play my map more than dota, and thanks for the luck piCkstix

It's not like the DotA players care how complex the systems are. You can get simple, intuitive maps that have a very complex underlying infrastructure. DotA arguably has a complex system for item management, and many of the newer (and some old) spells are also quite complex.

Like a troll who's built for criticals, or bash, or slow, or some % chance because he is an agility, or people like a witch doctor who has spells which deal damage, but is vulnerable, like a troll which doctor who has a non-channeling % of Max HP damage spell, I will use these elements to try and put a challenge against DotA.

So trolls are meant to have boring default War3 skills with percentage chance? And witch doctors are supposed to have percentile damage abilities. And this is just a priori, right?

Arcane

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I agree with you totally on having a nice, simple, and intuitive map. But I also agree with TheDamien on DotA items, and I'm really against denying as well.

Just to clarify: simple does not mean "melee abilities", please. I recommend you try out Desert of Exile to see a map that has originality, simplicity, and awesome looking custom abilities.

"One more thing, dota players like heroes who stick to their theme of battle..."

Yes, like uh... a gigantic skeleton with a sword throwing a storm bolt right? Okay, okay, I'll shut up. Please don't respond to this bit, I don't want to turn this into a like-hate-DotA thread (flame wars).

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
I have already said, Unique heroes, meaning they have unique abilities, though, some would not get it at the first sighting, but if you read under the screenshot, the troll warlord has one particular ability, which is triggered, and custom.

I have already tried out Desser Exile, it is a great map.

About the fact of Players liking the simplicity of staying to the fact of battle, It is only a statement, not all heroes will have that, theme.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Aren't you all just bundles of support?

It's kind of hard to make unique abilities. They've pretty much all been done somewhere... except the damn night vision thing, apperantly.

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Thank you very much Varine, I see I have regained my shamanity in the Clan! Yay! Anyway, this calls for a celebration because this is the first time I ever got a chance to post a screenshot!

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
I have just fixed one bug, I will post the map after me and my Beta Testers, have already tested the whole map, and found no bugs with the heroes, items, systems, and others.

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
I got a question, how do I add that abbreviation thing... like....

[Melee]
[Arena]
[TD]
[AOS]

Something like that lol

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
I am Redoing the Map, Changing it into an AoS!

I really really think the Gameplay Sucks....

I mean... defending an outpost?!

Yes, I know, my ideas are running short, too much school!!!

And most people want an AoS, though the spells my need a little nerfing, I think it's gonna be kay.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.