Would a Nuon type system be a bad idea today?

midnight8

NUON & Atari VCS Forum Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Think about it, it as a way to get a game system into a device needed by most everyone. with today's smart tv's and the things they can do, why not add a game system chipset into smart tv's. Games could be downloaded through high speed internet, through the cloud or oaded by usb or stored on m2 ssd drives. In a day where more and more people want smaller invisible components to go with tv's that hang on the wall and such. I think someone could make it work. Obviously with more powerful processors than the Nuon system had

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
They kind of already do with Android TV and such. The Atari VCS is kind of like this too. I just do not think dedicated hardware is going to be able to compete against more portable stuff to that can delivered to more devices through a standard. Also, streaming games is going to get alot bigger once the fiber networks start expanding and faster speeds are more available with the new Satellite Internet and such.

midnight8

NUON & Atari VCS Forum Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
i was thinking about this with the VCS. I should get my vcs before long, but it is so small I think it could have easily been built into a tv. streaming games would fit right into this idea though

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
i was thinking about this with the VCS. I should get my vcs before long, but it is so small I think it could have easily been built into a tv. streaming games would fit right into this idea though

The VCS has the same kind of processor that would be in a phone or tablet so for sure it could have fit inside a TV.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.