Would ADORE suggestions for an Ultimate!

Chao

Setting sail for fail in the sea of lame.
Reaction score
Hey y'all! It's rare for me to make posts needing assistance, so hey, how mad can ya be? :thup:

Here's the concept of the hero.
It's a Satyr, specializing in illusions and damaging poisons (I say damaging to take emphasis away from debilitating toxins). It will have a short-range attack (350). This is the second in a line of satyrs. The created illusions are notoriously weak, killable in 1-3 strikes (+400% incoming damage) but very numerous. They did 5% damage.

Current ability lineup is as follows (oh, and FYI, this hero has not yet been created, I'm building it up this evening)

Empowered Poison Strike: An ability from its predecessor did low damage rapidly to a single target. This was based on Dark Strike. The evolved form, Empowered Poison Strike, will bounce from target to target, hitting 2 (+1 per level, up to 5 at Level 4) targets, if possible (units with the buff will not be candidates to be struck again)

Mirage Mirror Image. Clones deal 15% damage, and take 300% damage. 1/2/3/4 clones.

Trick:: A passive that makes the hero (on spellcast) invisible for a very short time. It will also create 3/3/4/4/5 illusions of itself (10% damage, takes 250%) to attack the target.

Elusiveness: Dodge, plus sparks up a chance when attacked to create a duplicate. 2%/3%/4%/5%/6%.

What I need is an ultimate..
The only idea I have is an active ability (that doesn't play through Trick) that instantly moves the caster into the place of one of the illusions, that also resets the expiration timers on all active illusions.

Also, a poll: For the sake of balance, should this hero have:

a) Longer cooldowns on his actives
or
b) Shorter timers on illusions?

Thanks for reading, and for the help!

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
sounds like phantom lancer from Dota...

for his ultimate... make it a passive ultimate, where it gives the hero a 5% chance, the hero will create an illusion of the enemy the hero is attacking for the hero...??

shorter timers on illusions

_whelp

Reaction score
Illusion Assassin -
The satyr generates two invisible clones, which use the spell Empowered Poison Strike on the target unit and any other unit near it.

Dirac

Reaction score
Copy Tactics: every time you cast an ability each illussion has a X% chance to do the same ability at the same time to the same target

Sneakster

Reaction score
Haunting - Illusions of the casting hero appear around the targeted unit, attacking him for very low damage. The enemy hero is forced to attack these illusions and they last for 15/20/25 seconds. Nobody else can see the illusions, but the casting hero gets a notification that the ability is working.

Scary Nachos

Castro flashing Gang Signs!
Reaction score
Mass Entangle... (So orignal :p) Or something of that sort.

Mass Entangle - Mass Entangles all units in an area, Duh...

Tyrulan

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I'm with _whelp on this one. Create a synergy with your spells so you have to have high level Empowered Poison for your ultimate to be effective. Aside from that it sounds like a very neat idea!

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Name: Spore Cloud

Concept: The satyr caster throws a bag/potion/container (what ever makes most sense) of hallucinogenic mushrooms at a hero/target area creating a large cloud of unsafe fungus's.

Effect(s):

All units within the area, excluding the satyr himself, then are effected by one of the following:

Units begin a FFa hitting what ever is closest.

Numerous copies of each unit are made without damage or collision making it difficult to tell what is a proper target and not.

Aoe poison damage (and maybe minor movement/armour/attack losses)

Lose sight of all other units / deploy a thicker looking cloud.

It could be a random effect from the ones I gave, it could be random and more then one effect as the ult levels, or a single effect of your choice.

Hope this helps.

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
Illusory Flux -
Upon activation the hero draws power from each clone currently on the map, forming a link with each of them. For a brief period of time the hero can teleport between clones, and has increased damage based on the number of clones currently on the field. You can feel in values yourself lol... I wouldn't really know a balance level on your map if you decide to use it XD.

*Alternate to the spell*
*Targets an illusion* Upon activation the hero instantaneously takes form of the targeted illusion of the hero. As the hero approaches the target point all illusions surrounding the hero dissipate, causing the hero to strike the target of the original illusion for the number of illusions that have dissipated. I don't know how you would up levels.. Maybe add a base damage to the attacks and up it per level or something... I think it would be interesting...

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
Alpha Clone
- Creates a perfect duplicate of the Satyr. This illusion deals 100% damage, takes 100% incoming damage, and can cast/acquire all the Satyr's spells in the same skill level and damage potential (even making their own illusion!). The only consequence of this skill is that both the Satyr and the alpha clone's maximum HP and Mana will be cut down to half, and this will be it until the alpha clone fades away, and his maximum HP will go back to 100%, though the hero's current HP/Mana will still be the same.

(If you want, you can add to them the capability of swapping their current positions no matter how far they are to each other)

Polyclone (Actually its another variant of the above mentioned skill)
Creates 3 perfect duplicates of the Satyr, and works like Alpha Clone. Only this time each illusion, and the Satyr, have their maximum HP reduced to 1/4.

Copycat Servant
Creates a duplicate w/c deals 100% damage and takes 100% incoming damage. This servant will follow the Hero from behind, and will copy anything that the Hero does, from attacking, stopping, patrolling, to casting spells and even firing passives, making a deadly duo two times more powerful than the Satyr himself.

Shorter times for illusions would do..

Sinan2

Reaction score
I'd say you really need an active spell, and something with poison:

Envenom
The Satyr releases poison which enchants his blade. His current illusions also release poison, although the poison is in a much weaker state due to the weaker form of the illusions. Every unit attacked recieves a stack of poison, which does (insert-damage-here) damage over 10 seconds. If any attacked unit recieves 5 stacks of Greater Venom or 10 stacks of Lesser Venom, the Satyr will sense the prey and as long as he's in 900 range of the attacked unit, he'll recieve a movement bonus of 200%.

Notes: The spell resembles Bloodseeker a bit, and it's much more suitable for ambushes or team battles. I think you can change the spell to only be applied on heroes.

For the balancing issue, definitely make the illusions last shorter, as it would be more active and versatile.

Chao

Setting sail for fail in the sea of lame.
Reaction score
A special thanks to everyone that had an idea: big or small, you all took time out to contribute, so I'm giving +rep to everyone!

Here's the finished product's skillset:

Empowered Poison Strike: The Satyr whips a poisoned dagger at the opponent which bounces to multiple targets, dealing moderate damage with a damage over time effect that slows enemies by 25%.
Level 1 - 3 targets, 75 initial damage, 15 over-time damage.
Level 2 - 4 targets, 100 initial damage, 20 over-time damage.
Level 3 - 5 targets, 125 initial damage, 25 over-time damage.
Level 4 - 6 targets, 150 initial damage, 30 over-time damage.

Step Through Shadows: Gives the hero the ability to teleport in and out of combat.
Level 1 - 500 range, 60-second cooldown, 75 manacost.
Level 2 - 650 range, 50-second cooldown, 65 manacost.
Level 3 - 800 range, 40-second cooldown, 55 manacost.
Level 4 - 950 range, 30-second cooldown, 45 manacost.

Trick of the Satyr: Whenever the hero casts a spell, he briefly disappears into the shadows, leaving behind copies of himself that charge forward to whatever the Satyr was attacking. Clones last 8 seconds, deal 5% damage and take 400% damage.
Level 1 - 3 clones, 4 second invisibility.
Level 2 - 3 clones, 5 second invisibility.
Level 3 - 4 clones, 6 second invisibility.
Level 4 - 4 clones, 7 second invisibility.
Level 5 - 5 clones, 8 second invisibility.

Nightmare: The Satyr manifests a Nightmare in an enemy for 30 seconds. The enemy is so shaken by the visions it sees its damage is reduced. It suffers a 10% movement loss as well. Whenever the afflicted unit casts a spell, it is forced against a nightmare version of itself.
Level 1 - Nightmares last 5 seconds, deal 10% damage and take 400% damage, 5% damage reduction.
Level 2 - Nightmares last 7 seconds, deal 15% damage and take 350% damage, 10% damage reduction.
Level 3 - Nightmares last 9 seconds, deal 20% damage and take 300% damage, 15% damage reduction.
Level 4 - Nightmares last 11 seconds, deal 30% damage and take 200% damage, 20% damage reduction.

ULT: Envenomation: The Satyr adapts to coating his weapon in a vicious poison that deals damage per second, and slows enemy movement and attack speed. Lasts 4 seconds on heroes, 25 on creeps. Illusions benefit from this ability as well.
Level 1 - 20 damage per second, reduces attack speed by 15% and movement speed by 20%.
Level 2 - 30 damage per second, reduces attack speed by 25% and movement speed by 30%.
Level 3 - 40 damage per second, reduces attack speed by 35% and movement speed by 40%.

Screenies!
Step Through Shadows
StepThroughShadows.jpg

Empowered Poison Strike
PoisonStrike.jpg

Nightmare
Nightmare.jpg

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Meh, I was going to post something nice. Consider it, maybe for another hero:
Illusion Cluster:
The caster creates several illusions of the target hero, which all attack randomly, ally, enemy, each other. The extra thing is, not even the target's controller which is which, and he is unable to control them.
That would be wicked.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.