Would you donate an organ to a stranger?

Would you donate?

• Yes

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Well, would you give up your "etc a kidney" to save a stranger's life? How about if you were paid handsomely to do so?

The clock is ticking. What is your answer?

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Depends on the organ.
It's not about the money (though the money does give me more incentive, heh), but more the situation and who the stranger was. If the stranger was Hitler, I would say no.

I never want to donate or give away or destroy too much of my body in hopes that someone can resurrect me.
o_O

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
A side note for thewrongvine, to me a stranger is someone you don't know anything about, there for Hitler really wouldn't be a stranger.

I would say no. I'm going to keep my body intact, even after I die.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
right now? i would probably maybe donate my organs after i die but right now ehh not so much... i would still like my kidneys to filtrate the alcohol i drink :)

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
it depends how vital the organ is, how old I am, if I have had any issues with said organ(s), and still probably no, since generally the implants are much more successful if the people are somewhat related (familty/etc.)

ex: I wouldn't do it if it was a kidney and I had kidney problems, since I would need both of them, but if I was old and had heart problems but no kidney problems, I might do it

or were you talking about after you die/etc.?

and even so, probably not a complete stranger, I would like to know some information about them first if possible (not really sure why too much, just curiosity?)

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
I don't know. It depends on the person and the organ. I'll gladly donate my appendix.

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
I don't know. It depends on the person and the organ. I'll gladly donate my appendix.

LMAO, I donated my black, infected appendix to the doctor. There's quite a noticeable mark now.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Not much things you can donate while you're alive. Kidneys, lungs, and part of liver (and testicles...?) to name some.

I won't do it for a stranger. Not unless I'm dead. I'll do it for loved ones though, depending on who it is (and what he/she has done to spoil their own organ).

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
^
I didn't know you can donate lungs. How are you supposed to breathe with just 1 lung?

OT: I would never donate any of my organs if I were alive and completely healthy. If I knew I had a deadly disease (or was already dead), then I would donate it.

Basically, I would donate my organs to anyone who needs it more than I do. Our bodies are gonna rot anyway, so why waste the precious material? :cool:

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> I didn't know you can donate lungs. How are you supposed to breathe with just 1 lung?

Yeah. You can actually. But life might be shitty after that.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Well I'm a registered organ donor, my ID has a donor symbol thingy on it and everything. So if I die, they harvest my swag and give it to people I guess. Does that count?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Well I'm a registered organ donor, my ID has a donor symbol thingy on it and everything. So if I die, they harvest my swag and give it to people I guess. Does that count?

Only if it goes to a stranger apparently.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.