Would you go to Mars?

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
In October of 2010, the Journal of Cosmology received an unexpected and surprising email. A 70-year old man was volunteering for a one-way mission to Mars. Emails from over a dozen hopeful volunteers were received the next day from men of all ages, and the pattern continued until November when a flood of emails were received, over 80 in a single day. Teenage boys and old men, firemen, police, military personnel, engineers, and college students from around the world were all eagerly volunteering for a one way mission to Mars, and detailing their qualifications. Emails were even received from women volunteering their husbands.
link

so would you be willing to go to and colonize the red planet, without ever returning back?

I would if I was a successful 40 year old man with nothing more to accomplish on Earth :p
so I guess never xd

EDIT: assuming you have expert doctors, engineers, enough water and food

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
^lol

i wouldn't for the sheer fact that its inhabitable. I don't like the fact that i can't go outside without a suit and that there is no other life on the planet.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
you would be building a whole new world, that's why I said colonize

it could start with huge greenhouses
eventually (although after few thousand years), whole planet could become inhabitable and you were part of it :)

you would ofc have electricity (solar energy) so you could probably listen to the radio from Earth or even watch tv xd

there is no other life on the planet.
well you could bring animals xD
who said only humans should inhabit Mars?

the only problem is the claustrophobic feel of isolation (few hundred ppl on a whole planet and stuck only at one place), so this is definitely not for ppl who like to travel a lot, meet new ppl and eat/drink/see/do many different things xd

No, but I would send my ex wife there
lol xD

maybe the fact that you can never return is a bit harsh though

what if you could return after few years?

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Imagine if that was you! lol
marsro.gif

BTW: Good luck! Have a safe and enjoyable sun-burns on mars!

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
The experience really must be out of this world. It would space me out too much.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Question is why wouldn't one want to send his wife to mars after the honeymoon ;pp ^_^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.