• Yes

Votes: 42 80.8%
  • No

Votes: 10 19.2%

• Total voters

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
I am making a multiplayer version of the campaign map where Kael and Lady Vashj have to rescue the caged Illidan from Maiev. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the mission, there is a neutral cage that becomes controlled by a certain team when a hero comes near it. When it is controlled it moves toward your base. When it reaches the circle of power in your base, you win. Along with your hero spawning, there are waves a creeps that spawn as well (AoS-style), and attack down a single lane.

There will be two modes of play. Capture, in which you need to bring the cage back to your base, and Assault, in which you need to bring the cage to the enemy base. Naturally, Assault is more difficult.

Remember, it is not necessarily Illidan in the cage. I just wanted to use as many actual heroes from the campaign as I could and put them on their likely sides to make it more fun.

Now, what I want to know is, would you play a multiplayer variant of this? If so, what could you suggest for unique gameplay (anything from heroes to items, or gameplay mechanics).

So far the heroes are:

Blood Elves/Naga:
Kael
Lady Vashj
Illidan
Sylvanas (Undead form)
Kil'Jaedan?
Dranei Paladin
Akama
Naga Honor Guard
Naga Incursor
Judicator
Naga Mutant
Blood Elf Wizard

Night Elves:
Maeiv
Mal'Furion
Tyrande
Garithos
Shandris
Thrall?
Cairne?
Stone Ancient
Chen Stormstout
Pandaren Sage

I figure items would be minimally helpful, not like DotA where they control the outcome of the game. Do you guys think this is a good idea?

Also, should mercenary purchasing be allowed? That is something to consider.

Unit spawning and cage movement/ownership triggers are now complete. All that is left is to find two more heroes for the Night Elf Team, and then start the hero abilities.

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
I would play it if the theme was totally different from a AoS.

Like you know you have buildings and such to build, basically altered melee.

H34DhUnT3r

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Vote: Yes I'll def try it out. Fun mission ^^

Maybe add a building with team upgrades (increases xp gain, armor for reinforcements, damage for reinforcements, extra reinforcement units, reduced death penalty etc etc :p)

blooman

Reaction score
of course
That mission was my favorite mission cuz its a hero war sort of game

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
Good to know that people would like to play something like this.

Does anyone have suggestions as to what I should add to make gameplay unique?

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Change the "cage's" speed depending on the distance to the base of the team that controls it

ie:

Base1 ---- Cage ---------------- Base2

Cage is owned by Base1: Speed << ( eg Sqrt ( (4.0+6) / (16.0+6) ) )
Cage is owned by Base2: Speed >> ( eg Sqrt ( (16.0+6) / (4.0+6) ) )

That way it is easier to turn the tides of battle :D

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
BUMP

The project just went underway, I have the basic terrain layout so far.

I need some ideas.

I'm probably going to make the two factions the same as the campaign (Blood Elves and Naga v. Night Elves), but I need some ideas for heroes, which type of units should spawn, items, etc.

All help is appreciated and +rep will be given appropriately.

Danis[h]

Reaction score
If you want more tactics than just people swarming the cage, you could add some control points that would make the cage move faster for your team as long as you control the point..

In order to control the point you need to..

1. Have a hero within the region / point
2. Have killed all enemy heroes within the vercinity (a slightly larger area around the point)

This way you can get the cage to move faster if you are effective at team play and know how to divide your team with which heroes compliment each other.

You cant have too few heroes pulling the cage, but at the same time you will be at an advantedge if you control some of the "control points"

You could also make control points cause additional units to spawn or something.. You know to make the game more interesting but at the same time to make it attractive enough to control the points so that people will actually go out of their way to come up with a tactic.

An important aspect of this idea is the terrain though. You would have to incorprate it in a manner so that one team wont have an unfair advantedge over the other (apart from their abilities to play as a team)

Glimpse

Reaction score
Well for suggestions you could use the following models as bases for heros:

BE-Naga
living Sylvanas, as generic BE archer (archer, agi)
Kael (duh)
Vashj(duh)
Naga Royal guard (melee strength hero)
Sea Giant (melee strength)
the coolest looking murloc, either one with a wand for a caster hero, or one with a sword for a melee Agi hero, possibly with ensnare, shadowmeld etc.

NE Heroes
All base heros minus demon hunters
Shandris as a counter part to Sylvanus
Furion on foot (if he isnt part of the campaign, i cant recall) as a generic NE druid type hero.
the old Warden model (melee agi)
Sentry, the non-ethereal spirit of vengeance model (not sure of hero type here)

All I can think of atm (for about 2 minutes of thinking :p) I have a few ideas for map layout too, please pm me to remind me and I'll be happy to help.

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
Actually, I thought I would include all of the Frozen Throne Campaign Heroes, but maybe give them some different abilities, plus more.

I plan on having a total of 24 heroes, 12 on each side, so help me out a bit. What campaign hero should go to which faction?

So far I have:

Blood Elves/Naga:
Kael
Lady Vashj
Illidan
Sylvanas (Undead form)
Kil'Jaedan?

Night Elves:
Maeiv
Mal'Furion
Tyrande
Garithos
Shandris
Thrall?
Cairne?

I was thinking about including the Orcs (Thrall) in the Night Elf faction but I don't know if that's where they would best fit.

I have Sylvanus Undead on the Naga team is because Garithos would be on Night Elves, since he hates Kael, and Sylvanus hates Garithos so I thought it would be fitting.

Glimpse

Reaction score
oh...

I thought you were going for a more story accurate type scenario (at least for the back ground story)

I would recommend going at it from my approach and have both teams be highly themed.

Plus having Illidan trying to capture himself in a wagon is a bit.. odd

I could recommend 24 heroes using my proposed theme.

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
Well for the purposes of the game, Illidan doesn't exactly have to be in the cage. I just need heroes at this point.

Glimpse

Reaction score
Ah I see. too bad, could be a cool take on the story (if done in an accurate way)

I see where you are coming from though.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Soory, but honestly speaking - typing, I won't :( Kind of boring actually. I will have no one to play something like that with me I guess, people in Garena possess a very low IQ making them hard to learn a game :)

Not against any of your work, just commenting what I really think. It would be more helpful being honest than lying to the one asking :D

Emu.Man00

Reaction score
I figure Items would be minimally helpful, not like DotA where they control the outcome of the game. Do you guys think this is a good idea?

Don't you think it might be a wee bit annoying to go on a 20-kill streak to little or no avail?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.