Wow, Blizzard has ruined WoW more than I thought..

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
ill be skirmishing with the minions of Arthas from the moment they set foot on Northrend. He will be a constant presence as players progress through the expansion content -- which will culminate in a showdown with the dread Lich King himself.

How the small Drakkari tribe survived through the Nerubian domination of Northrend, and most recently the arrival of the Scourge, is unknown.

The Sholazar Basin is a tropical jungle in the midst of Northrend. It is found between the Borean Tundra and Icecrown Glacier.
How such a place could exist in the frozen wastes of Northrend in unknown.
something has gone horribly wrong with the Blue Dragonflight: Malygos had apparently

Apparently, troops of the Scarlet Crusade succeeded in approaching the stronghold during a counter offensive, but in the end

These are quotes from WoW wiki o_O :banghead:

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
i'm sorry is there supposed to be more to it, or did you cut off half the quote?

lol

blizzard kinda killed the storyline of Warcraft with WoW, althoguht theres stilla soryline to it... it's very faint...

Black Hawk

Reaction score
You barely noticed? WoW has been ruined since the beginning since it doesent go with the lore. Arthas bieng killable or almost killable. He's the Lich King and is supposed to be undefeated. You would think that if he would be killable/almost killable, then Kil'jaeden would have destroyed him earlier.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
They are shaping the game to suit MMORPG players better.
I wouldn't be surprised if we get Alexstrasza, Elune and Kil'jaeden as killable bosses soon enough.

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
There was part of the game a while back where you went back in time and had to kill Archimonde again :rolleyes:

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That is the Cavern of Time - Mount Hyjal I believe.

Xapphire

Reaction score
Man, the only, and I underline that, The ONLY part in WoW that I found Interesting, was Goldshire, Westfall, Stranglethorn, and the bottom azeroth, even The molten core and all the instances before it were fun, after that came, blackwing layer? That ruined half the storyline already, then came ahnquiraj, that, was a big waste of time with the cenarion circle and stuff, then it was a pvp era, quite fun, just fun, not cool, not roleplay, but fun. After that came the burning crusade which did ruin the game entirely, then they tortured us with Illidan, and Kaelthas, apparently they were all-mighty, with super duper legions and hordes.. Pshh.. now this.. Arthas probably has 4 guards and then he sitting in his little sisy chamber and frozen asking for our aid for a hot cup of cocoa... :banghead: :mad: And I bet, even if there is arthas, after that they will make the Burning legions crap, and finally when everything is based around killing titans, they shall release a new threat, Sargeras and his little puppy medivh >.>

-Xapphire
Man who, who in the whole game would go kill ragnaros... they dont go from 50 to 60.. they go from 50 to 70, and soon to be 80.. all the instances that were old skool will now be just parts in the game, making all the legends of warcraft, all the ones that were said to be powerful in the story, to just be weak people which are like 50 levels below you, what fun is it to be stronger than onyxia, it got 2 manned.. Like seriously ONYXIA, Deathwings sister, ONYXIA a dragon for heavensakes, when a level 80 fights it, pshh, onyxia will be just the average joe, wtf is that o_O

Demonwrath

Reaction score
>Sargeras and his little puppy medivh >.>

They've already released Medivh ^_^;

and you get to go to Karazan (i think I misspelt it :p) and kill him too :) :rolleyes:

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
He died a long as time ago!

I consider WoW non-canon (Unofficial, ignored, irrevelant) They really haven't added anything to the lore, except the Draeni landing on their ship, and the blood elves joining the horde, and reviving a bunch of dead heroes.

Xapphire

Reaction score
Thats because they think it's "cool" to fight all these guys when acually the lore is falling down o_O

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
WoW wasnt meant to go by the Lore, if they wan't something to go by the lore they would make a campaign. Lol

Also, they are making it as if you are like a 'TROOP' in the alliance. Not like a hero or anything. WotLK will be better.

Xapphire

Reaction score
Oh yeah, some troop killing Onyxia 1v1, and + soon probably going to take any instance for like level 60s with a group of 1, which were meant for 25, I feel like some average soldier now X.X :p

Asehujiko

Reaction score
Take a shaman(Ner'zhul was a shaman) and pit him against 20 footies - the footies win

Take a deathknight(Arthas a was a deathknight) and pit him against another 20 footies - the footies win again

Now create a costum unit with all the characteristics of those 2 combined and let it fight 40 footies - the footies win again

So far for your invincible lich king whining.

A swarf of footies could kill anything in the canonical wc3 and in "lore ruining" wow exactly the same thing happens.

To the QQ spacadin crowd: Does garithos trusting sylvanas from the start make any sense at all?

To the qq he's dead for all future games now crowd: How often did you have to whack illidan, vash and kael in the final tft mission?

To everybody:
STOP WHINING!

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Actually, they are not just deathknights, shamans, or liches. They have been helped by a greater entity (Nerzhul/Sargeras, Arthas/LichKing)

And I don't know about you, but I don't like be childgood games to be ruined :D

xxyourdeadxx

Reaction score
Take a shaman(Ner'zhul was a shaman) and pit him against 20 footies - the footies win

Take a deathknight(Arthas a was a deathknight) and pit him against another 20 footies - the footies win again

Now create a costum unit with all the characteristics of those 2 combined and let it fight 40 footies - the footies win again

So far for your invincible lich king whining.

A swarf of footies could kill anything in the canonical wc3 and in "lore ruining" wow exactly the same thing happens.

To the QQ spacadin crowd: Does garithos trusting sylvanas from the start make any sense at all?

To the qq he's dead for all future games now crowd: How often did you have to whack illidan, vash and kael in the final tft mission?

To everybody:
STOP WHINING!

Dreadlord lvl 10 can pwn footies =P.

Xapphire

Reaction score
Thats not the point, just that, in warcraft 3, there is an editor, you can change almost any aspect of the game, and an addition to that, you can make save/load, like WoW just different graphics and controls, You can't change WoW 's game, you play what you see, you play what you can, obviously it's high quality, good graphics... but the lore cannot be changed, you can't host a different "world"..

Demonwrath

Reaction score
Thats not the point, just that, in warcraft 3, there is an editor, you can change almost any aspect of the game, and an addition to that, you can make save/load, like WoW just different graphics and controls, You can't change WoW 's game, you play what you see, you play what you can, obviously it's high quality, good graphics... but the lore cannot be changed, you can't host a different "world"..

Technically if you are like me, that is not true.

Ever heard of a private server?

It is where people pay (usually large amoutns of money) to host their own WoW servers. In doing so they can change any aspect they want about it.

Like the private server I used to play on had what we called the 'FunServer'

Here out level cap was raised to the mod level (255) and every week we had a different theme.

Lets say one week our theme was dragons. Each player had their hero in the form of a dragon unit. It was so fun.

However we stopped doing that after people made the game crash every 30 seconds =P

Xapphire

Reaction score
yes but there aren't nearly as much possible editingtools as there are in Warcraft, as well as the fact that those private servers aren't public and the fact that they aren't the real thing. But Wc3 is much more advanced when it comes to editor ^.^

Black Hawk

Reaction score
yes but there aren't nearly as much possible editingtools as there are in Warcraft, as well as the fact that those private servers aren't public and the fact that they aren't the real thing. But Wc3 is much more advanced when it comes to editor ^.^

So true. Billions many possibilities in Warcraft III. So many. Actually, i think the possibilities for Warcraft III TFT are limitless.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.