Wow...for Freeee?(Runes of Magic)

punwisp

Reaction score
Hmm im not at my computer atm so ill try to name some offhand.

Just the MMOs I play

Savage 2

Runes of Magic

battleforge

perfect world

shyia(somethign like that)

umm those are some of the mmos offhand

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
thats some serious grinding :p

so, im making a character ATM. care to invite me to the wc3 group ?

punwisp

Reaction score
Tell me your name and if I see you on when i get back from my grandparents, ill invite you

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
played it. from what i can see, its a lot easier then WoW in the first few levels.
they even give you a mount on level 1. Thats pure pwnage :thup:

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
The mount doesn't last forever though. Only a day or 2 I think until you have to buy a new one. Gold is really easy to get though

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
I downloaded this before when I saw it featured on IGN. I shouldn't be having problems as far as specs go but as soon as I try to play it lags terribly. Like even the menus lag.

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
yep. it lagged my laptop, so i went to a desktop and it works fine. Im guessing it was lagging because i didnt have enough processor power. But i dont know very much about that kind of stuff.

Unless its a person that knows computers. the system requirements dont help that much, unless running on common sense works

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
its missing that fantasy feel that WoW has, riding horses doesnt appeal to me. Riding giant monsters does :p

Things like

Dynamically generated dungeons
Players also will come across dynamically generated dungeons (also known as tile-based dungeons), where new monsters and treasures are randomly generated every time a player enters. The dynamic cave systems are randomly generated every time players re-enter and therefore can be discovered again and again. If a dangerous group of monsters waited just behind a certain corner during your last visit, they surely will be somewhere else next time and also will carry different loot. It pays to revisit dynamically generated dungeons.

Are something new, if i get high enough id try it.

Some of the stuff is really random, and it doesnt seem to have a point in the game. Like houses.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
I am gonna try this game. Finishing the setup installation. I might whisper you guys when I finally get on, lol.

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
Make sure you register to both sites lol, or spend hours trying to figure out why it won't let you play. :D

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
I think its called wikipedia.

Runes of Magic has been compared to World of Warcraft and also referred to as a clone,[4][19] but Eurogamer's Daniel Etherington discounted this and stated the view "misses the point."[4] Etherington stated that World of Warcraft "was a success because of how well it built on MMO conventions, how it refined them",[4] adding it was unsurprising that World of Warcraft is so influential "but conversely it's got no great claim on gameworlds defined by cod-medievalism and pick-and-mix mythology".[4] Wesley Yin-Poole of Videogamer.com stated "The guys at Runewaker have clearly constructed Runes of Magic with World of Warcraft running in the background."[19] He stated that despite being "somewhat of a WoW clone" and free-to-play, Runes of Magic contains elements which World of Warcraft does not, and that the latter's developers "would do well to consider."[19]
According to Frogster 20,000 players created 100,000 characters on the first day of the game's open beta; December 15, 2008,[23][24] rising to 450,000 characters by February 2009.[25] On May 14, 2009 Frogster announced that One million users in Europe and North America have registered to play Runes of Magic.[26] Online gaming website Massively's Shawn Schuster highlighted the range of crafting abilities in the game, as well as the ability to gain proficiency in them all without penalties. "Runes of Magic has these features we see in a triple-A MMO, yet it's a free-to-play RMT-based game."[27]

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Hey, we can play a shitty game without paying, so now it's only damaging our lives and not our wallets! :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.