WoW Launcher Failure

Chaos_Knight

Reaction score
When i got WoW i got happy and so on, but now after 4,5 months, something strange has happen.

When i press my launcher button, the hourglass comes up and the after 1 second, it does nothing.
Anyone had the same problem? The tell me how to solve it, i going mad at this.

Thanks for your help.

//Chaos_Knight :D

punwisp

Reaction score
Try googling it, you can find out solutions for most problems "wow not start on XP" something like that.

Winterherz

Reaction score
The launcher uses the Internet Explorer engine to render the news. If something affects that, it may prevent the launcher from starting up. You may want to run a spyware scanner to see if anything odd is running. If you need one, try checking this page - http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=20569

^from blizz

what av and firewall are u using? and get some anti spyware, i recommend Malwarebytes and ad-aware.

i can send u a copy of my launcher if u want

Chaos_Knight

Reaction score
Have you tried the Repair Utility (repair.exe) in the WoW folder? I'm not 100% sure on what exactly it checks (I've only paid attention to the .mpq files :p), but it may be able to identify something, and download a new copy of whatever is messing with the launcher.

I've runned it twice. Nothing.

Chaos_Knight

Reaction score
Have you tried the Repair Utility (repair.exe) in the WoW folder? I'm not 100% sure on what exactly it checks (I've only paid attention to the .mpq files :p), but it may be able to identify something, and download a new copy of whatever is messing with the launcher.

SORRY FOR DOUBLE POST, BUT SOLVED!

Solvation: If this happen, copy your launcher, and DONT rename it to Launcher. Then start it. YAY!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.