WoW Refuses to Log into the Game Server.

1)ark_Knight

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
SOLVED: WoW Refuses to Log into the Game Server.

Game:
World of Warcraft: The Frozen Throne (Up to Date)

Problem:
For the past 40 hours or so, I can log into World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King successfully, but when it gets to the point where it says "Success!" and/or "Logging into the Game Server". It waits for about 20 seconds and then displays the Realm List again with no warnings or explanation.
I have even got to a "..." realm with no characters on it with the message of "Logging into the Game Server" but then the same thing still happens.

And no, the realm ("Firetree" is the one I am trying to get into) is not offline or under maintenance because my friend is currently playing on Firetree right now.

What I Have Done so Far and What Does Not Work:
- Tried other realms.
- Restarted WoW multiple times.
- Kept trying to log in completely.
- Restarted my computer completely.
- Checked and Reset the WoW Files with the Repair Utility.
- Insulted the computer.
- Reinstalled WoW Completely.

1)ark_Knight

Reaction score
I know it has not been long enough for me to post again, but after posting the same thread on the WoW Tech Support Forums, I don't think this is going to go anywhere soon.

Apparently reinstalling and WoW Tech support doesn't help and many people are having the same problem.

Right now there is no known solution for it.. so I be WoW-less until the next patch :(

If you want, you can follow the thread on the WoW site with the link below.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=18600873791&postId=185991409122&sid=1#0

(btw, any additional help or comments are still welcome and there is still rep and my eternal love to be given the person that helps me lol.. because I have over 2000g in the AH I want to receive..)

1)ark_Knight

Reaction score
Ok, so I know triple posting is heresy.. but I found the solution to this, so this problem is closed. And anyone who wants can now find it here in the future.

SOLUTION:

Re-forward your Firewall Ports.

To do this, access your firewall port screen for your gaming. Then uncheck the "enable" box and click "save settings", then "continue" back to the port screen. Then "Enable" the ports again, and click "save settings". This will re-register your ports again in a sense.

Then just restart your computer to make sure everything is fresh and organized and then try WoW again.

ANOTHER KNOWN SOLUTION

"Powercycle" your system by unplugging your router and modem and then plugging them in one at a time. I havn't personnaly tried this one, but it is said to help.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.