Writer's Challenge (Classic)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Oh no, I'm scared... I'm scared... I'm scared...

:nuts: Why is there no number 19!?!

5 please. Wait, no! I might not be able to do it. Never mind, yes I'll do it. On third thought, no, I can't! Shut up!

5 please.

Can I reserve number 19?

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Update
Added Author Profiles.

16 please :)
You get a weirder one.
16. The story takes place five years into the future. During the story, there is a terrible misunderstanding. The story must have an incubus in it.

Have Fun...

18. The story is set on a battlefield. The story takes place in the morning. During the story, there is a dramatic discovery.

Can I have 8?
Thanks for joining, enjoy

8. The story starts during a revolution. The story takes place fifty years in the past. During the story, there is a labor strike.

Now, normal adult people usually don’t collect toys of destruction, nor would you expect them to keep these dangerous devices in places that a child like me could easily get to, but my dad was different. He displayed a nice exhibit of old Japanese artifacts such as katanas and – according to my mom - other metallic junk. But there was a strange weapon dad was very fanatic about. He loved his ninja throwing star.

Yeah, it’s a bit silly – I know. Yet my dad loved his throwing star. The item just seemed rather valuable to him. Priceless. That’s the word I’m looking for… Dad’s fixation wasn’t spontaneous. No. He was, is, and will ever be a smart man. He had his reasons; reasons I didn’t put into consideration when I threw that chunk of metal out the window.

This may be rather confusing to you. You may wonder why I, a young man, would throw such a precious hunk of metallic wedges. Well, I’ll tell you bluntly. I was a teenager, and I was a rock star. But my rebellious triumph ended short. No, my dad didn’t witness my rash behavior, nor did mom. Actually, I killed my best friend Megan. Yep. The flying blade soared in the unjust wind into the neck of the probable love of my life.

Of course I didn’t realize this until I stopped my ridiculously childish tantrum. Only when I went outside expecting to spend an hour feebly looking for my father’s prized possession, I saw the mess that I miserably made. She was laying on her back in a violent mass of blood and twisted body parts. There I wept bitterly. And while I sobbed a ghost appeared behind me. I’m sure you know who it was.

“Bill,” Megan said.

“Mom?!” I cried. At the time I was rather startled, so I regressed. For then I was merely a boy who felt all grown up.

“No, silly! It’s me Megan. Can’t you see?”

I could see now, but only barely. My vision was blurred from the tears.

“Megan?” I replied.

“Yes, it is she!”

She said that a lot. I loved that.

“Oh God, lay down! You’re bleeding!”

I didn’t see Megan clearly enough. She wasn’t bleeding at the time, nor was her physical body awake. Megan was a spirit now.

“Billy, I’m fine.”

“No, you’re not! Come inside!” I begged her.

She smiled at me. I could see her face wrinkle up in a cute little grimace. Never in all the world have I experienced such a feeling of sheer helplessness and woe. Every nerve in my body and every thought in my brain told me frown and be concerned, but I couldn’t stop. I laughed.

And that’s where my parents found me. In a heap of giggles. Beside me was poor Megan who looked as pale and emotionless as ever. My good parents did the responsible thing. They got up and called the police and watched me from inside.

Once the police came, I was bond up and taken away. It was as easy as that. I never talked to Megan again. Her ghost would look for me from the outside of the cell window. I think she’s afraid of the prison building. I tried to communicate with her once, but nothing came from it.

I’m now considered mentally insane. They locked me away with other rejects. We never enjoy our company. Life goes on.

Now, you may wonder how I’d conclude this story. Well, my conclusion was the last paragraph. Yes, I’m a sadist. It’s just how life is.

That was fun. I wanna do another! Give me 1 please. :D

I enjoyed your story, as usual Ninva. A great story, (I will write a better review for it later.) as for Challenge number 1...

1. The story starts in a big city. The story takes place twenty years in the past. A character is happy throughout most of the story.

Oh no, I'm scared... I'm scared... I'm scared...

:nuts: Why is there no number 19!?!

5 please. Wait, no! I might not be able to do it. Never mind, yes I'll do it. On third thought, no, I can't! Shut up!

5 please.

Can I reserve number 19?

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Don't be afraid, its only 500 words, which is barely a page and if you can't do it, just tell me why and it will be put back in the submission.

5. A character is enraged throughout most of the story. During the story, a character breaks something important to them. The story starts during a workday.

As for challenge 19 - Once I make it, yes...

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
-Was hovering his mouse over the 'Submit Reply' button for quite a long time >_>-
I choose.... 16? xD
Let's hope it makes sense :p

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
16. The story takes place five years into the future. During the story, there is a terrible misunderstanding. The story must have an incubus in it.
Sounds interesting...

Dictionary.com said:
in·cu·bus (ĭn'kyə-bəs, ĭng'-)
n. pl. in·cu·bus·es or in·cu·bi (-bī')

1. An evil spirit supposed to descend upon and have sexual intercourse with women as they sleep.
2. A nightmare.
3. An oppressive or nightmarish burden.

:p

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
8. The story starts during a revolution. The story takes place fifty years in the past. During the story, there is a labor strike.

Here is my entry, and I have to say, I feel like my subject was tough.

The world will be different. The world will be better! My brothers, my sisters! This is the day we have become ourselves, the day we have become our own people. Today, this day I shall stand up as your leader! With my unwavering diligence, I will pave the way for a new world order. Stand up my people and rejoice in our victory over Batista!

There was much cheering, everyone was happy that the days of Batista and his dictatorship was finally over.

The words of Castro still ring in my ears, they still rebound on the walls of my skull, and while I want to believe everything is better now, I just can't deny the state of things.

There was a labor strike that began. People were not getting paid, and they were getting angry. But Castro showed them that they were wrong. He showed them the same way he showed Batista and the previous dictatorship. The greater good. The commonwealth. Where is this greater good he speaks of? My family, they tell me to be quiet, they say I should know my place, and that it is under Castro, and that he is now our leader. But what leader lies to his people? What leader says great things, but then lavishes in the hard work of those he stands on? We are not his followers, and he is not our leader. We are slaves and he is the master.

The shots rang out and the strikers were all finished. It would be a long time before anyone tried this again. This is the same as always, Batista would also have showed them no mercy.

There stands a man on the corner of a street, he stands up and yells to the buildings, to the people, to everyone who may hear, that Castro is a demon and there is no new world order. That we have all been deceived, that if we ever want peace, that we would need another revolution. Another revolution with someone worthy of the title leader. When asked who, the man simply became quiet and said perhaps himself. But it could not be him because he is dead now.

There is one place that does not accept Castro's rule, one place here that I like to go. A club, where we talk about how things would be better, how things should be. Down here, past this abandoned apartment building, into the alley, down the stairs and into this door that leads into a room under a restaurant. A condemned restaurant. But now one knows about it. That's what is good. We call it a club because it feels American.

"You know the Americans, they aren't so bad. They live the way we should be living." One of the members says.

"Yes, fast cars and beautiful women, that's how I want to live. Or at the very least have a good job." Another says.

"My uncle went to America. I have not heard from him, but I suppose it's hard eh? I wonder how well he is doing, I wonder if he has a beautiful wife and eats cheeseburgers. It doesn't sound so bad, not compared to this."

"Well I won't leave. I will never leave. This is my home." One member says.

"And who invited you here? This is not a place for you, you are the kind of person who enjoys Castro. Before the revolution, things were not so different. But you can believe whatever he tells you I guess."

These arguments happen a lot.

The door burst open and four men walked in carrying guns. There was no chance, Castro had spoken. And that is his story.

It was a good place.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
@Anman, I mean duyen, :D, I'll pick for you then? 15 for the birthday-boy!

@Geoff, dude, your topic owns! A gerbil! :thup:

@Myself, okay, mine is okay I guess, okay, let's get this started, okay? Okay.

:)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
@ Krys
I was wondering if I could get the #3 box.

Enjoy :D
3. A character will visit the doctor. A character becomes misunderstood during the story. During the story, a character discovers someone has been pretending to be them.

@ anman
Can I have a box? I don't care which one.

Well thewrongvine picked #15 for you, so no complaining :p
15. A character writes a book. A character is optimistic throughout most of the story. During the story, a character misreads something.

@ Bananaman
Someone roll me a random box plz
Sorry, I won't pick yours because people think I will give them a harder or easier one depending on how I like them.

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Someone roll me a random box plz

A4655-030f.jpg

Here is your random box. I guess you can roll it yourself :)

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score

3 has been taken by Krys so please pick another,

Ninva has Received Challenge #1
Krys A Night has Received Challenge #3
Miz has Received Challenge #4
thewrongvine has Received Challenge #5
Arcane has Received Challenge # 6
Knight7770 has Completed Challenge #7
Genkora has Received Challenge #8
Esb has Received Challenge #9
Bananaman has Received Challenge #12
Ninva has Completed Challenge #13
duyen has Received Challenge #15
Knight7770 has Received Challenge #16
Geoff.L has Received Challenge #17
Pineapple has Received Challenge #18
thewrongvine has Reserved Challenge #19

thewrongvine

Reaction score
You should put the numbers in order so it's easier for us. :D

Yay, 19 reserved for me suckas! :p
Working on mine...

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.