Writing a story - Prologue

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
as in no one who writes that now has ever experienced it, so you make it feel very real even though that is very hard to do having no real-life experience or anything.

Halahan

Reaction score
few do :cool:

its like... no one has ever experienced that that is still alive today. I know that. yet the scene feels very real to me, like it actually happened or could happen. thats what I'm getting at

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
Now there's the english I understand :D

And thanks for enjoying my writing style. I working a long ass shift at work today so I'm gonna spend some relaxing time hopefully writing a bit more.

If all goes well I will be completely done the book when I graduate from highschool in either 2009, or 2010 :p

Halahan

Reaction score
nice nice. I need to get back into my novel and poetry. school just started and its thrown me off my rocker a bit. oh well
you're avatar is awesome man, just if you post a lot and you can see it multiple times on screen it gets a lil' annoying. otherwise, sweet.

Halahan

Reaction score
Best place to do that is the writer's corner. Horton and Kev get all hyped-up on me saying something about Ninva's avatar in horton's thread, doesn't even do anything and bumps horton besides. This is a place to be creative, if it's too structured its not a writer's corner anymore. its just a corner :rolleyes:

hortononon

"I give em the hip then I take it away"-Jim Thorpe
Reaction score
“Yes my Lord!” was the reply that came from the men that were behind him.

would be much better if you took out what you put after "yes my lord", the readers can understand who said it without you putting that bit of information in, and when you do put that in, it sounds, oh i dont know.. it just sounds weird to me, this is just my opinion do with it what you will demonwrath! it is good so far, i hope to read more, so keep on your moniter and whip out those chapters, were all anxious to read more;)

Halahan

Reaction score
Everyone entitled to there opinion. I think it sums up the position and situation nicely.

Demonwrath

Reaction score
YAY

Now i have TWO opinions on my story :p

As I said, I plan to write more soon whenever I find time and am in my creative mood :p

Okay here is some more for my lovely fans :p

When the night wore down and the men began to rest, only Nicoli remained cautious. Unlike his soldiers, his did not drown his fears and worries in the ale, but instead sat, to think about what had happened. The horrors that they had seen were not of this world. Not from what he knew of his world anyway. So there Nicoli sat, recalling everything that happened….

The sun beat heavily on his chest as him and his men rode on through the day. They had just finished helping one of the King’s convoys through a small part of the enemy’s territory and were now heading back to the Kingdom. Nicoli’s only wish, were that it was cloudy that day. There were to trees to shelter them, there armor was quite heavy, and to top it all off, their kingdoms color, was black. The group rode on, having a small hope that they would encounter a village where they could stop for rest, food, and possibly even a few women.
Nicoli wished to find a village for another reason however. He longed to see his family again. You see the general was not born of the Kingdom, but of a small village far to the north, known as Arkaroth. When the third war began between his Kingdom, and that of Barkoh many men and children were conscripted into battle. Nicoli was one of them. After the war he remained in the military however, to help his lord and land as best he could. He however broke from the ranks for a short while, to get a wife, and to be able to carry on his name. So back to his hometown he ventured, when he married a woman by the name of Madelia and had a daughter, to whom he gave the name Eracia, which means ‘Hero’. But when conflict again broke out in the world Nicoli had t once again return to the field of battle, this time to be met with great honors as he became a general.
The main route they traveled to head back the kingdom went through the town of Arkaroth, so Nicoli hoped to see his wife and daughter again, after being gone for 5 long years. And by the time the noon sun had risen, they had reached the village. Yet instead of being filled with joy at finding Arkaroth, the men were horrified at what they saw.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Did you write more? If not, stop bumping. It's rather annoying to just read a prologue. It's like watching a trailer for a new movie. Once you have your story up, I'll read it.

Demonwrath

Reaction score
I keep adding more usually every time I make a post. They aren't on the first post however.

Just look for spoilers in some of the posts I have made =P

And even if I haven't written anymore I bump because I want more input on what I have shown you guys.

I mean no offense to anyone, but 3 people giving me input isn't enough in my opinion :p

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Demon, when I started to make stories I did them all in private. Till this day I tend to keep most of my writing to myself. When I first began posting my work I used to boast and declare the piece of crap all over.
Now that I'm more experience, I passed that phase. I am not sure on where you stand, but having three people actually reading your story is a very rewarding experience. I suggest you to do everything on your own until the last moment where you feel it's time to be read.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.