Wrong Morph Cost displayed

Gurkengelee

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I just made a Pylon that can upgrade 4 times. Building costs are 0, upgrade to level II costs 5 minerals, level III is 10 minerals and level IV is 20 minerals. So I copied the morph ability from lair -> hive, configured everything to work for me and added it to the units. The cost for the units are 0,5,15,35 minerals, since the lair/hive also have their total costs given. But while their tooltip is correct and just displays the resources needed to upgrade which is (Resources Lair) - (Resources Hive), my tooltips display the total costs 0,5,15,35. But activating the morph ability will trigger the correct cost 0,5,10,20. I really have no idea why the costs are substracted correctly but not displayed the way they should be. Anyone an idea?

Regards
Gurkengelee

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Why don't you set the building costs to zero, and then use the cost parameter of your upgrade ability to specify the cost for each upgrade.

kainestolkyn

Reaction score
Forgive me, but I'm new to this website, and still new to the editor. (used to mod a lot for SC1 and WC3) I can't get much help on b.net's site, so I wanted to try this site. I just figured out today that I probably need to use the hatch -> lair ability to create a "tower upgrade" for my buildings, and Gurk's post confirmed that for me. Only thing is, after copying the ability, I can't seem to figure out how to implement it. Could someone help me, or point me to a tutorial on this issue? (speak slowly for a moron :)

It's funny because the trigger editor is no problem for me. All that makes sense. It's UNIT editor that has about gone to hell since WC3, and it confuses me to no end.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.