WTF Item Illusion is Trolling me

LeeKnHD

Reaction score
So randomly my illusions started immediately dying when they were being made i found out that it was only my XCVunit that was causing the dying illusions. Even narrowed it down to a way to make it stop.
PROBLEM IS WHY everyone of my triggers are turned off and the illusion spell works fine on the other 3 heroes set to a variable....

?
If i move
Trigger
Melee Initialization
Set ZXCunit = Shadow? 0006 <gen>
to
Trigger
GameIsTrollingMe Copy

It allows illusions created on ZXCunit to survive.

WHY? they were not dying when i made the trigger and i had map initialization made a long time ago. My brain is sizzling can anyone help? i want to set it up so i don't have to worry about it in the future.

And if you have any advice or tips it would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 4OrcsMiniRPG A1.03.w3x
    579.7 KB · Views: 269

Devalut

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Waits will make your map hemorrhage leaks, best to pretend they don't exist in your maps ever...

Be back with further analysis

EDIT:
Start looking into Unit Indexing & Damage Engine By Bribe
These are the systems I'm going to use to try and redo your spell
Damage engine can be used to trigger your evasions and critical strikes!
While Unit Indexing can track a unit based on it's custom value.

EDIT:Okay!
so I never found out what caused the illusions dying but it worked when I simply copy pasted the unit and changed ZXCunit variable to the custom unit so there's that...
Otherwise I've updated the two spells to respond to the two systems

Also I left Delayed Action in there encase making unit groups and variable durations are too hard

If you need any more help or questions I'm happy to help!

Attachments

• 4OrcsMiniRPG A1.04.w3x
    588.6 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:

LeeKnHD

Reaction score
Oh nice thanks! i was planning on putting numbers in 1 by 1 but with damage engine it looks like i can do it all at once, as far as the unit indexer that could really come in handy when i start making my enemies.
As far as the illusion dying.... it wasn't always like that but when i started putting in conditions on my events for illusions (Like so my windwalking main doesn't give the bonus dmg to the illusions) all of a sudden my illusions started dying.... then only after disabling every trigger but the initialization i found out for sure i was 100% completely stumped.
Like what do i do T.T the game is just being mean to me at this point!
Well i know for some reason it gets attached to a variable... so i can work around it if it comes back but man this is weird!
Anyways thanks again! I'm going to take a look at those triggers in detail you added.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.