X-Men Origins: Wolverine

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Using several resources that include the Marvel Comics lore, along with the more recent Weapon X graphic novels by Frank Miller, “Wolverine” mixes action with an origin story about how Logan emerged from a barbaric experiment as an indestructible mutant with retractable razor-sharp claws.

Trailer Link: @movietrailertalk

My Comments: So... is this like a new series that they are making that will show the origins of the main characters in X-Men? Like X-Men Origins: Cyclops and X-Men Origins: Storm, etc... lol. :) He
looks like he's too rigged.

I liked this movie, it was good. 8.5/10
Really fast, didn't show too much of everything, but it was good with effects and fighting was cool. Also gave insight on the past.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Looks good, but I want to see how they gave him adamantium bones.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
waitt so long for this trailer...for like 2 months since it was announced

but im looking forward to this, should be near dark knight quality

thewrongvine

Reaction score
but im looking forward to this, should be near dark knight quality

:rolleyes: Really... just "near" TDK quality. :D

Eh... it looks better than an average movie but still looks like too much just pow-pow "I'm stronger, no I'm stronger, no I'm STRONGER" fighting. :)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Looks good, but I want to see how they gave him adamantium bones.

They cut him open and pure liquid adamantium [which has to be kept molten hot because if it becomes a solid, you can't melt it back down again] all over his skeleton and then let his healing power patch him back up.

:rolleyes: Really... just "near" TDK quality. :D

Eh... it looks better than an average movie but still looks like too much just pow-pow "I'm stronger, no I'm stronger, no I'm STRONGER" fighting. :)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

There's actually a lot to the story of Wolverine. Did you know Logan is really Sabretooth's real name? Or that they knew each other as kids and were friends?

Wolverine [who's real name is "James" something] watched Logan's father kill his father, killed Logan's father, scarred Logan and then watched his mother take a shotgun to her own head. Then his grandfather threw him out to work in a quarry for years with his other friend [and at the time babysitter] Rose.

Then Rose went to marry his mentor at the quarry, except Sabretooth shows up, hunting him down [at the request of his grandfather, even] and accidentally kills Rose. So Wolverine tells the world to piss off and goes off on his own.

He fought in World War 2 and Vietnam, I believe. He was married once. Or twice. I think he had a son, too. He gets cloned at some point, creating the female know as X21 or something.

There's a lot of other stuff besides fighting to Wolverine's story.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Yeah, seems like it with this new movie. :D
Wouldn't be too good of a movie if everything about him was just fighting constantly (or maybe it would be).

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
looks like a better film then the previous x-men movies, but idk.... I don't think Hugh Jackman is a good wolverine. He just looks too clean. Actually this whole movie doesn't look dark enough to portray his story properly. I'll still watch it but I'm not holding high hopes for this one

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Wolverine has always been "rigged". It's part of his character.

Krys A Night

Writer
Reaction score
I'm planning on seeing this when it finally hits theaters.

As for the role of Wolverine, I couldn't really think of anyone that could play a better Wolverine. Jackman in the past has mixed the "i don't care, so why should i" with "so maybe i do care" attitudes of wolverine nicely. He always has to walk a thin line, too much one and he looses the marvel nerds, too much the other and he become hated by the audience.

I can't wait to see who else they have casted in the movie for all of the different mutants.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
@Seth_Cross:
You are right about wolvering being cloned, but X21 was not a straight clone, they altered the clone to become a female. And that was in an alternate universe, not the original one. It is the one based on the show "X-men evolution".

On topic:
The movies are actually played out in another alternate universe. I mean, it is not the "original" story.
In the original story wolverine is between 200-600 years old, don't remember exactly which, and he had claws from the beginning, bone-claws that is. And he escaped his family after some incident, and then he lived with wolves for sometime, and so on..
I sure hope that in this movie he has his claws before the implants, else it would need an explanation on why and how he got them, since they where not planned from the beginning by the scientists.

Krys A Night

Writer
Reaction score
I sure hope that in this movie he has his claws before the implants, else it would need an explanation on why and how he got them, since they where not planned from the beginning by the scientists.

From the previews that I've seen he has the bone claws before he gets the adamantium ones.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
From the previews that I've seen he has the bone claws before he gets the adamantium ones.

That's good news, beacuse in most of the stories he has not. If I recall correctly, then in the other x-men movies they talked about it as if he got the claws from the experiment, and never had them before. That is one of the reasons why I hated the other movies:(
As any other marvel movie I don't like them as far as they often mess up the stories in one way or another, but I like them as movies, and think that they are good:)

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Saw the movie, and for me it seemed pretty much rushed. I have no knowledge of the X-Men original comics, but from what users comment on IMDb, it pretty much went miles away from the original tale, in some parts, while in others it kept close to the original.

However, the story in the movie, itself, pleased me, especially because I never read the originals :p. But some parts were really, really fast, and that was not nice. I would have rather watched a 2+ hours movie, than this rushed thingie.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
4/5 from me.

The movie had a good plot.

I felt the "last boss" type guy was pretty lame, as he died really fast.

Ending was really good, but kind of a mix between happy and sad.

I agree with the movie being rushed, I could see a lot of scenes where the camera seemed kind of awkward, and in the wrong place (you could easily tell it was done in several takes).

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
I felt the "last boss" type guy was pretty lame, as he died really fast.

Ending was really good, but kind of a mix between happy and sad.

Not to say that he was damn ugly :nuts:. And the katana-claws-imitations were really funny, in my opinion :D.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I thought the Last Boss guy would be much, much stronger.
Also, wasn't he beaming at the other wolf guy for ages, and he did like no damage?

Overall though, it's a very good movie. :D

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
It was good enough, really. I'll admit I've never seen the other X-Men films (though I know enough about the characters) so it might have lost some of the impact.

Story was ok, but a lot of it seemed to happen just to cover plot holes that had opened earlier in the film (or it might be me again showing my lack of knowledge of the franchise).

Some of the action seemed rushed (as did some other non-action scenes) and the camera work was a little sloppy, but other parts were very good by contrast.

Overall, some decent acting, an average plot and lots of unfeasable explosions made for a reasonable film.
3/5 :)

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Hm, I'll see this when it comes out on DVD, can't see too many movies so quickly, heh.

Uh, does Gambit use a staff? Cuz I thought he uses his cards according to classic X-Men, and in the trailers and stuff you see a dude with... a staff, lol.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.