Other XANID (The Platformer)

Reaction score
X A N I D

The one and only real platforming experience for Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
level1a.jpg level1b.jpg level1c.jpg
!NEW! screenA.jpg screenB.jpg screenC.jpg !NEW!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download Demo

Credits

Scripts:
[color="#00000"]- Uberplayer
- Vexorian[/COLOR]

Models:
[color="#00000"]- _-nexXxor-_
- Callahan
- Dan van Ohllus
- Devine
- iNfraNe
- shamanyouranus
- tee.dubs
- Uberplayer
- Vicboy
- WILL THE ALMIGHTY[/COLOR]

Textures:
[color="#00000"]- _-nexXxor-_
- Dan van Ohllus
- Google + Uberplayer
- Uberplayer
- Vicboy[/COLOR]

Special Thanks:
[color="#00000"]- Artificial (brains)
- Larcenist (part-time hikikomori)
- Mr.Goblin (the greeniest goblin)
- Smith_S9 (clever cookie monster)[/COLOR]

Attachments

• XANID demo (opt).w3x
    804.8 KB · Views: 407

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I like it.
I kept dying at the part where you go virtically a lot, so I changed the jump to 100. :D

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like good fun Uber, I will give it a try after my arm has recovered ;)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Looks like a fun game to play when you have nothing to do and you're bored to death. :)

I'll try it out.

EDIT: How come I keep falling through the floors? :(

lol, it's pretty cool. The controls aren't that smooth since it's WCIII. :p Maybe if you made everything larger, so it would overall be the same as having smooth movement on a normal-sized place.

Reaction score
> How come I keep falling through the floors?
Some of the blocks are fake blocks. They're darker. In the future I am planning to make them a bit transparent when the ball is near them, so it's harder to spot them.

> Maybe if you made everything larger, so it would overall be the same as having smooth movement on a normal-sized place.
Me is too lazy..

So what I am really currently doing, is rewriting movement engine and game engine. I had written them so that it was playable, but not efficient in any way. It took me about 5 minutes to find a bug with updating the multiboard for an example.

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
Can I help you with this map? Seems cool.

Bugs:
Wall Jump? (Look at the Suggestions)

Something about a dialog and I got 4 options for the defeat dialog and then it kept saying something about Dialog.AddEvent

Suggestion:
Wall Jump

Reaction score
> Can I help you with this map?
I actually do not need help. Thanks anyway :p. Except with those ideas and bug reports.

> Something about a dialog and I got 4 options for the defeat dialog and then it kept saying something about Dialog.AddEvent
Yes, that is bugged in the optimized file. I have no idea how you got yourself killed 5 - 8 times.

> Wall Jump
It's already there.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Wall Jump is a single jump, you can edit the code to do more but right now Uber is rewriting it so it'll be easier to change. :thup:

PureOwnage

Reaction score
> Can I help you with this map?
I actually do not need help. Thanks anyway :p. Except with those ideas and bug reports.

> Something about a dialog and I got 4 options for the defeat dialog and then it kept saying something about Dialog.AddEvent
Yes, that is bugged in the optimized file. I have no idea how you got yourself killed 5 - 8 times.

> Wall Jump
It's already there.
Wall jump is only 1 wall jump...

Reaction score
> Wall jump is only 1 wall jump...
If it was more, it would be wall jumps. In the newer version you can't do even a single wall jump in the beginning.

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
That was some awesome fun (especially after hours of coding), too bad there only were three levels (the third one was really short too). Keep up the good work.

Reaction score
Those levels were made just to test the system.

Trying to create at least 5 new ones for next update.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Hm... warcraft + super mario? Sweet idia dude!!!!! It is pure....awsome!I have an idea
why don't you make a multiplayer version of this- the first wisp to reach theteleporter will getr one point and teleported to the next level..The wisp with most points when the time expires wins.

Reaction score
> why don't you make a multiplayer version of this
Good idea. It will not get into the next version, though.

PureOwnage

Reaction score
Yeah, that would be a good idea. It would be like that game called Platform Racer..

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This in multiplayer wouldn't be good.
The delay from arrow-keys is unbearable.

I played the map. It seems like an amazing idea, though the movement seems quite buggy.
Maybe you could make this into a campaign? With a storyline :p

Reaction score
> though the movement seems quite buggy.
In what way was it buggy?

> Maybe you could make this into a campaign? With a storyline :p
I can't get good story line out of a shining red ball, jumping on platforms.

PureOwnage

Reaction score
Lol, something like this:

Story 1:
A long time ago, a great night elf warrior died. Many grieved for him to come back. A few years later, a great war started and the Undead were attacking the Night Elves. In the heavens, the great warrior begged if he could come back down to save his race. So the gods decided that he could only if he passed a certain challenge. So then, with his spirit, he was thrown into a dungeon....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.