Other XANID (The Platformer)

Reaction score
I can see perfectly. In the next version lights are "previewed" so they won't turn on just when they come to camera view.

Reaction score
To get this finished somewhere between now and the end of world, I have decided to make this just a linear platformer as it was and should have been.

Moradiae

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
wow, this looks really awesome and unique to most wc3 maps!! :D

Trying it out atm :)

==== 1st Edition

Err., I was just reading through the entire thread and found the proper one from epicwar (not the demo), so I assume that will be the one with many levels :D

but anyway, did the demo testing, and here's what I thought about it:

First, lightings.. :eek: it was really dark at first and there's no normal warcraft interface at all (screenshot 5), is this intended? (I mean, I pressed F10 to get the menu and it was suddenly brighter for some reason (screenshot 3)

Had to adjust the gamma level to play but damn there's no mouse cursor and it was really hard to change the it!!! :mad: good thing I normally use -windows so I have some clue where the mouse is by moving it in from outside :D

but after adjusting, it all works fine now (screenshot 1 and 4)

Need to show unit hp!!, I don't know when I would die there and was suddenly dead while swimming in the pool of poison (I presume)

===================================

The Platformer 1.1b
yay, this was the one people are talking about!
Died at level 2 :( (screenshot 2)

there is a unit hp!!!, so good thing there :p

It was very frustrating when u've gotta jump on many small platforms, or maybe it's just me not very used to the movement system here yet :eek:

sorry the screenshot numbers are weird, didn't know the order will be messed up after I posted

Attachments

• xanid3.JPG
    xanid3.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 305
  • xanid5.JPG
    xanid5.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 305
  • xanid2.JPG
    xanid2.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 308
  • xanid4.JPG
    xanid4.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 301
  • xanid1.JPG
    xanid1.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 288
Reaction score
Your settings for Warcraft III are kind of low, looking at settings dialog. Increasing them could fix that darkness. There's no need for the normal Warcraft interface, you're not going to be using it anyway. I haven't yet figured out a good way to show it's health, it's a to-do.

Just to clear this out. The Platformer 1.1b is the old one, XANID is the new one and I'm working on it.

Thanks for feedback and playing/testing both of them :).

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE

New Features:
[color="#00000"]- Added timer to top right corner to display time spent on level.
- Added doors and levers (lever can be used with down arrow key when near it).[/color]

Gameplay Changes:
- Recovery time added to enemies.
- Recovery time halved (flickers only once).
- "XANID" bounces off of enemies even when recovering (no damage taken).

Bugs:
[color="#00000"]- Fixed walls disappearing near screen edge.
- And fixed a lot more (I'd like to mention a bug where you died and got control of enemy object).[/color]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please test it and leave a comment. Thank you!

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
the winner is you.

JASS:
library_once k
   asd
endlibrary

Reaction score

UPDATE

New Features:
[color="#00000"]- Added tips when you first time encounter new enemy.
- Added health indicator.[/color]

Gameplay Changes:
- Moved timer to left side under health indicator.
- Removed camera rotation when moving up/down on screen to get health displayed correctly.

Bugs:
[color="#00000"]- Fixed XANID dying twice.[/color]

Please test it and leave a comment. Thank you!

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Hey.

I would recommend spamming levels. Literally. Make 20-30 levels, they don't have to have new content or anything, just add a lot of game-play time to the game (that doesn't necisarily involve dying a lot of times) and in my oppinion you will have a masterpiece.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.