Gaming Xbox 360 Elite Price Lowered to 300$ According the Walmart Ad

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Not approving until confirmation.

Even though it's obvious it's true, still not good to post speculations.

ReVolver

Reaction score
Another Red Ring console for 299$? I have bought so many xboxs and all of them got a red ring. :banghead: I hoping my current one doesn't get one when call of duty modern warfare 2 comes out.

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
Another Red Ring console for 299$? I have bought so many xboxs and all of them got a red ring. :banghead: I hoping my current one doesn't get one when call of duty modern warfare 2 comes out.

Damn, I just want ONE. So busy with school fees.

ReVolver

Reaction score
Damn, I just want ONE. So busy with school fees.
It's a good thing that I got insurance for my newest one incase it ever happens again. 299$ seems too good to be a "redless" xbox.

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
It's a good thing that I got insurance for my newest one incase it ever happens again. 299$ seems too good to be a "redless" xbox.

From what I've been hearing, the Jasper chip is pretty stable. Haven't seen much (if any) complains of RROD with it.

The previous Elites didn't have the Jasper though. Apparently only the Arcade and only the latest Pro consoles had it.

Maybe since they took the HDMI cables out, the new boxes will have Jasper.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score

You didn't have a warrenty?
Dude, I bought my 360 like 2 years ago.
I go and plug it in, throw Halo 3 in the disctray, get all mah drinks and snacks ready and BOOM.
Red ring of fucking death man. DEATH!

Worst. Christmas. Ever.
Did get a new one... Had to get that one replaced due to graphics card
falure though.

I'm so glad I invested in the protection plan...

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Son of a bitch! I just bought one like 2 months ago when my old one broke. :|

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Another Red Ring console for 299$? I have bought so many xboxs and all of them got a red ring. I hoping my current one doesn't get one when call of duty modern warfare 2 comes out.
Is it really that bad? I know my friend has had it 3 times and they repaired it each time, but then it exploded (literally!); come to think of it, most people I know who've had 360s have had a problem.

Pain that the PS3 isn't without fault either. I have an original 60GB and it got the "Yellow Light of Death" the other day :(
Shame they don't make 'em like they used to. My PS2 is still going after 7 years of solid abuse :D

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
That sucks Wiseman. PS3 malfunctions are so rare though. And even less now with the PS3 slims.

I have neither consoles yet but I am definitely leaning towards a PS3 just for its free online and reliability. For those who don't have a high disposable income (<- Student and do not work), Xbox's live fee is definitely going to add up for the remaining years it has.
Plus I see the PS3 expanding its userbase soon and maybe, just maybe the Xbox will become limited by its lack of blu ray support. Is it possible future games will require the high memory Blu Ray provides? Maybe not but it's something I've considered.

Previous the PS3's price cut, I was definitely going for the Xbox though. I prefer the Xbox controller of the PS3 and obviously it has a big userbase.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
With the current graphic limitations of even the PS3, blu-ray is still far larger than needed for games. Unless the game is top of the line graphics in a game that has like 300 levels, they'll never use all the room.

Blu-ray is a gimmick to get people interested in the console, simple as that. "Hey, buy this one and you get a Blu-Ray player too!"

In short: Blu-Ray is cool for movies, pretty useless at the moment for games.

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
Both Microsoft and Sony said they'd hope the console last 10 years.
So anywhere around 2015. Could be much less though but more than 3 years from now I think.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Is it possible future games will require the high memory Blu Ray provides? Maybe not but it's something I've considered.
Yes it is. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves uses 25GB - the full capacity of a single-layered Blu-Ray disc.
That sucks Wiseman. PS3 malfunctions are so rare though. And even less now with the PS3 slims.
I think I am more annoyed that Guitar Hero: Metallica was stuck inside at the time. They are replacing the console (for a fee - but it's cheaper than getting a new one, and it's a 60GB, which they don't actually make anymore) this Friday but I don't get the game back for 6 weeks, by which time I'll be away at Uni.
How soon until the next generation of consoles come out?
Long time yet I would think. The PS2 is still having games produced for it and it's 3 years since the PS3 came out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.