Xbox install feature and borrowing disks.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
So, i recently got to try and play fable 2 again only to notice that the disk had suffered from the vertically challenged scratches (a nice little circular pattern). Now my disk fails to load up sometimes (not always) or freezes. Did some polishing and it helped loading, but with the new install feature available i figured why not do this and save my self the trouble, however, it reports an error and i can't install it.

So, cutting down to the point, if i borrow a friends disk, install the game and then use my disk at the "start up" will the game work properly or will it recognize a different disk and not want to load from the hard drive?

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Unless there is something like a code that is unique to the disc, and is checked when the installed game loads, I think it would work.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
It should work. I used to do that. The only problem is if the disc is too scratched the xbox still won't recognize it.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there are ID's unique to each disk made, and therefore, if you and your friend were to play at the same time, you may encounter problems.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.