Yet another hosting problem with WC3

A

ArMeD_SuRvI

It seems as if my router's virtual servers were not working correctly. I went to portforward.com and did everything it said. My windows firewall is off. I'm lost... I can't get it to work. Here are a few screenshots if it helps:

(my router is a 3com 3CRWER200-75)

and:

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/3com/3CRWER200-75/Warcraft_III.htm

On a side note, take a look at how the Start~End port boxes in portforward.com are different from mine. I think that might be the problem. Oh, and those commas at the end of the numbers are weird indeed... they just keep appearing after I save.

If anyone could lend me a hand on this, I'd be grateful.

Thanks in advance :)

Dtere

Administrator
Reaction score
Try either making your computer the DMZ host, or connecting directly to the modem, this will tell us where your problem lies. DMZ host is being connected to the router but bypassing any firewall on the router.

A

ArMeD_SuRvI

How do I make my computer the DMZ host or connect to the modem?

I don't think changing it to 104 will help at all, but I'll give it a try.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
To see what your IP needs to be, just type "cmd" (no quotes) into Run and then type "ipconfig" (no quotes) into that. It will give you all your computer's network addresses.

A

ArMeD_SuRvI

Yes, I know what my IP is... but that doesn't solve anything :(

Maybe the way I put the ports' numbers in the boxes is wrong... does anyone have any idea about it?

punwisp

Reaction score
Try either making your computer the DMZ host, or connecting directly to the modem, this will tell us where your problem lies. DMZ host is being connected to the router but bypassing any firewall on the router.

i really wouldnt advise DMZ hosting, that should be a last resort, for using this, your more open to viruses and shit.

Dtere

Administrator
Reaction score
I did not say to permanently stay in DMZ, i suggested it to bypass the router firewall to see if that was causing the hosting issue.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.