You know... WoW lore isn't as bad as it is thought out to be.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
(IMO)

Think of Vanilla WoW. There were a lot of interesting things there. The whole hakkar thing, that was cool, although you had to do a bit of research to know what was happening. Ahn'Quiraj, that was pretty amazing as well, if you look up the War of the Shifting Sands on wowwiki. The Nefarian thing, with the Chromatic Dragonflight, that seemed awesome, and them fighting with the Dark Iron who summoned Ragnaros, who enslaved the Dark Iron, that was awesome as well. Naxxramas - Well that was a little bland but whatever. Burning Crusade - at the time it seemed awful. Space, spaceships, etc etc, but it set the stage for Wrath of the Lich King. It closes doors, such as Illidan, but it opens so many more. Him using Magtheridon as a resevoir of blood for Fel Orcs, that was great. The Alliance on Outland and Azeroth rekindling, finding out what had happened to them. The Horde, meeting their ancestors, Thrall meeting his grandmother, a ton of Orcs sons, such as Garrosh Hellscream. Also, the Naga didn't do much, but w/e. The Blood Elves, now that was pretty awesome. After Kael'Thas was killed, he was brought back to Kil'Jaeden and served him. They created Fel Elves. He tried summoning Kil'Jaeden, and don't get me started on the whole Anveena thing. Karazhan, that was interesting to see what happened there and we still have yet to find out why (the dungeon underneath Karazhan, anyone?) also the Dark Riders and the Scythe of Elune, I think that was Vanilla WoW but that was awesome too. The Netherwing Brood, I liked that. Now in Wrath of the Lich King it is full of lore. Garrosh Hellscream starting to revert to Old Horde ways and wanting to fight Thrall. The thing with the Lich King's heart, the Knights of the Ebon Blade, the Ashbringer, Tirion Fordring, etc etc etc. Mal'Ganis being alive, which I liked. Although Muradin being alive was retarded. Yogg-Saron corrupting Titan guardians, and soon being released. His presence is everywhere. Saurfang's son and Bolvar Fordragon dying at the Wrath Gate cinematic. The Undercity splitting apart, but I wish Varimathras wasn't eliminated so quickly. Wish he was a raid instant. In HoS, with Brann Bronzebeard, when you discover that stuff about the Titans was the most epic, perhaps, not many people seem to know about it
The reason the Titans didn't kill the Old Gods is because they are parasites, and Azeroth is their host. Humans were made by the Titans, along with the Vrykul. That dead Old God that is killed in Darkshore might be the reason half of Azeroth is missing.
I haven't even mentioned Malygos yet, and with BC setting the stage the Nether Dragons Tyrygosa brought to the Nexus awoke Malygos. Dalaran, which was kind of eh but cool at the same time. I'm probably missing stuff too, but now that I think of it, WoW lore can be pretty good.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Mal'ganis is alive in WoW? What has this world come to?! Mal'ganis is the whole reason Arthas went to Northrend to get Frostmourne! What garbage.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Arthas killed Mal'ganis long ago.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Mal'ganis is alive in WoW? What has this world come to?! Mal'ganis is the whole reason Arthas went to Northrend to get Frostmourne! What garbage.

How are you suppose to live in the world of warcraft when everything is done for you? I think WoW's aim was to get more players into the world of warcraft, which became a huge, complex series.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
I think it woudl have been much easier if they started WoW at the same time TFT started, lore-wise. That way everyone is 'alive' and 'killable'. Which is the caues of all whining and complaining. In a MMORPG, bosses can't stay dead forever, they have to 'revive' and pretend whoever killed them in the lore didn't. They can't introduce many new characters cause then it would complicate things more.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Yes, yes, of course. But they had to cut up the lore to do this? :(

OneBadPsycho

Reaction score

Well, you go back in time, in the "Caverns of Time" to "The Culling of Stratholme" and defeat Mal'Ganis there, then he moves to Northrend and wait for Arthas, as far as I know.

Razed

Reaction score
Yup, CoT - Culling of Stratholme goes back 7 years I believe where Arthas was going to 'Purge' Stratholme and to eventually defeat Mal'Ganis.

Mal'Ganis is dead in WoW, but you can go back in time at CoT where he is alive =)

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Then that's different. If he's in in the Caverns, then there's no problem. I thought you meant that he was still out there spreading the plague or something.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Mal'Ganis is Alive
Read "Encounter at Onslaught Harbor"
There's a line of quests at Onslaught Harbor, the Scarlet Crusade place in Icecrown Glacier, in which you end up killing the guy Barean Westwind, and out from his corpse pops Mal'Ganis. He survived and with his homeboy, Balnazzar, has been corrupting the Scarlet Crusade. The Scarlet Crusade was once the Silver Hand, how do you think it got corrupted?

Razed

Reaction score
That's true, when you get Mal'Ganis to 1% in the Caverns he does reset to 100% health and say 'Bring your forces and meet me in the arctic lands of Northrend, there is it where you will find your true destiny, young price.' (or something like that)

So yea... actually you didn't kill him in the Caverns, and is he alive :p

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
You do realize that that was what Mal'Ganis said to Arthas, causing him to follow Mal'Ganis to Northrend?

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
I really don't see what the problem is with Mal'Ganis being alive. People think they've killed other people all the time when they really haven't; it's the same thing here.
However, the manipulative and traitorous Dreadlord was himself betrayed, as the Lich King's first whispers to Arthas were that the time for his vengeance had come (this was the first step towards Ner'zhul's independence). Arthas defeated the Dreadlord and believed him to be slain.
There, it's in text now. Arthas only believed that Mal'Ganis was dead. He was never really dead, and even if Arthas had killed him, Mal'Ganis is classified as being undead. Anyone could have revived him. What's the problem here?

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Hmm. Very convincing, though dreadlords are not truly undead. They are a type of demon known as Nathrezim. I don't think demons are eternal like undead. Next, Frostmourne steals souls. What keeps it from stealing Mal'Ganis' (if he has one, we may never know)?

Knight7770

Reaction score
I would think that demons are immortal, or at least more powerful ones like Mal'Ganis. Also, about your Frostmourne point, I doubt that demons would have souls; if they did, would they still be demons?

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Demons? Immortal? Hmm... Tichondrius: Most powerful Nathrezim. Dead. Archimonde: Incredibly powerful warlock. Dead. I can't remember any others at the moment.

Knight7770

Reaction score
Tichondrius was killed by Illidan who was imbued with the power of the Skull of Gul'dan, a large fel-magic source. It is plausible that dreadlords are killable by large amounts of fel magic, because even Arthas with Frostmourne could not destroy Mal'ganis. It is also plausible that the death of Balnazzar was staged, further fueled by the events of the Battle for the Undercity.
And:
Two conclusions that can be drawn are that all dreadlords are undestroyable and we have to kill them every time they rise back to power, or we need enough Fel-magic to even make Sargeras flinch, which is a lot of fel-magic, to fully destroy the dreadlords.
:)

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Hmm. Never seen those before. At this point, I surrender! :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.