Your best or worse gaming experience?

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
Since thehelper is a gaming site (kind-of) all of you probably have had highlights and downsides of gaming. So whats your worst or best gaming experience?

One of my worst was my pokemon game. Silver Edition i think. ive been playing it for about 3 years and i had pretty much beaten the game 100%, still had to catch a few more pokemon. and when i turned it on after a year of not playing. it said. "File corrupted"

One that pisses me off is when one guy has a really gay name on bnet games like (ipeonyou) or in the first second of the game, they cuss at you and call you noobs. Then you lose, :( i cant beat them in game because they are actually good but are jerks. And... you get the fact rubbed in your face

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
TH.net is a tech support site ;O

---

Besides younger siblings deleting my save files back when the Gameboy was popular, nothing truly horrific has happened to me yet.

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
Being hacked on World of Warcraft has put me through the most hassle. The worst experience is still losing a long drawn out match in Warcraft 3 Melee though. It's happened a few times so to pinpoint one would be down grading the others. They are all equal in fail. Moving on from game to game and losing the old friends you made is pretty bad too.

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Every time I play B.net.

It seems every player online is so full of themselves that they can't help swearing for the simplest reasons, and take offense so quickly. That's the reason I hate B.net, although I need to rely on it to test my maps :(

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
One of my worst was my pokemon game. Silver Edition i think. ive been playing it for about 3 years and i had pretty much beaten the game 100%, still had to catch a few more pokemon. and when i turned it on after a year of not playing. it said. "File corrupted"

Happens to all Silver/Gold and i think crystal games. Nintendo used a watch battery so they could have that badass day/night system. Watch battery died = gg.

That also has to be my worst experience too; i spent ~300 hours on that game; if not more.

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
For Battle.net We waited about 30 minutes for a guy to dl the map and finally make it a full house and even teams. 1 Minute into the game he says "Thanks for the download bitches." and leaves.

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
For Battle.net We waited about 30 minutes for a guy to dl the map and finally make it a full house and even teams. 1 Minute into the game he says "Thanks for the download bitches." and leaves.

hes the reason so many fair dler's get kicked :(

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
You see what I mean though? People of B.net are stuck up pieces of ****. Of course, you guys are an exception :D Why? We make the maps. We go through hell for virtually nothing. So of course we're nice :D

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
My worst gaming experiance was Spore. It was displayed for a long time, looked so badass, and then after playing it I was let down like crazy. It was one of the worst over hyped games I've heard of, total letdown.

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
You see what I mean though? People of B.net are stuck up pieces of ****. Of course, you guys are an exception :D Why? We make the maps. We go through hell for virtually nothing. So of course we're nice :D

I'm one of the biggest jackasses you will meet. :thup:

My worst gaming experiance was Spore. It was displayed for a long time, looked so badass, and then after playing it I was let down like crazy. It was one of the worst over hyped games I've heard of, total letdown.

Spore was great imho. Didn't get that hyped into it though, only watched a 30 minute presentation from the creator about a year or so before it came out.

New User

Reaction score
Well, there was a time when I was going to play a melee game with my friend.
Everything was fine, three versus three, my friend on my team, everybody were happy and the sun shine. No it rained, that's why I sat in front of my computer.
But then there were a guy who said "LET'S GO 6VERSUS1 HAAHHA Xd", let's call him Jimmy. Well we couldn't since it would need 7 players, and we wanted serious players. So we kicked him. Then another guy entered, and we started the game.

When the game started, the last guy who joined said. "I'M JIMMY, YOU NOOBS HHAHAHA, AU REVOIR DES NOOB" (That's close to what he said, I don't know french). And then he left. Well we got angry but we were in the mood for another game, so yeah I hosted another game. So yeah we were 6 players again, my friend and two others from the last game and 2 other random guys, and neither Jimmy or his double account were in sight. We started.

But then again, another guy said the same thing "I'M JIMMY, LOL NOOB" and yeah he left. Now we felt owned. But we didn't give up. Next game I saw a suspective guy with a french name (I guess). So I asked him where he was from, he said FR. Now I thought, would Jimmy be that stupid to tell that he's french? We didn't think so, since he owned us he must be smart. So another game started and the same thing happened, "I'M JIMMY AU REVOIR, ETC ETC".

Now we got really tired, the same thing happened for about three games more. We checked if they had stats, but yet it happened. Finnaly we decided to go for two versus two. My friend also told me that Jimmy whispered him if he wanted to play with him :).

I wasn't so upset to be honest. It was kinda amusing. But damn yeah I regret that I uninstalled banlist.

Edit: I just had to say, nice avatar ArmedCitizen.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
i said worst/best. everyone is giving their worst. you are bringing me down :/

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
Every time I play B.net.

It seems every player online is so full of themselves that they can't help swearing for the simplest reasons, and take offense so quickly. That's the reason I hate B.net, although I need to rely on it to test my maps :(

I've learned that the only hope one has is to troll the hell out of everyone who is like that.

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Best gaming experience: F-Zero GT. Only game that's proven to have difficult game play, large amount of content, cool music, and simulates racing and speed exceedingly well.

War3 while it has its annoying points also has for me been a great game with a lot of longevity to game play.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
The first time i played rez evil 5. that was a fun game.
Also,l i loved goldeb sun, ive played that for years now (Btw, i heard gs 3 is official)

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Best game ever was in ICCup when i kept a protoss player from expanding from his natural expansion outside his base with awesome ling control. Not even his high templars Dragoons and Zealots could free him from his containment within his base. He called gg when he finally realised that i had controlled most of the map along with having 2+ on both melee and armor upgrade along with the Ling movement speed upgrade and attack speed upgrade. Many lings where born that day. :D

Ioannes

Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.
Reaction score
What I can think of now is:
Best moment: I'm playing Diablo 2 on Bnet and I have my concentration barbarian (lvl ~75). So far, I have all the pieces of the Immortal King except the rarest one - the armor. I've just traded pgems for an armor that can keep me alive in late nightmare so I make a diablorun game and 2 sorceresses join. We cut our way through the River of Flame and as we are at the entrance of the Chaos Sanctuary, I decide to do the occasional corpse check via Find Item. And so, as I loot some maggots for the second time - :eek: unidentified Sacred Armor. It was the Immortal King's Soul Cage - here and now, the most expensive piece of IK, when I need it most! :shades: It was a feeling I will never forget.

Worst moment: Pff, technical issues around games offer plenty of opportunities for rage. So do stupid developer's decisions. Hard to tell the worst.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Best experience? Probably when I finally, a year after I got it and had spent many hours mastering it, got 100% on Timesplitters Future Perfect. I recently repeated it and it only took me 3 days :p
Also, a couple of weeks ago I finally got 5* on Through the Fire and Flames on expert on GHIII. And got a score which ranks in the top 10 on PS3 on another song too.

I haven't really had any really bad experiences, unless you count the odd shitty game I accidently bought.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
One that pisses me off is when one guy has a really gay name on bnet games like (ipeonyou) or in the first second of the game, they cuss at you and call you noobs. Then you lose, :( i cant beat them in game because they are actually good but are jerks. And... you get the fact rubbed in your face

One of my favourite parts in gaming is when I act like a total idiot, calling them names, insulting them, taunting them into a total rampage then only to kick their arses so hard and rub the fact in their faces that that I am a complete dickhead and I just whooped their asses. It's a really great feeling when you do that, It's unbeatable. Game wise. I love it. Especially when I do it to younger people, around the ages of 12-14, and especially when they are spoiled little gnats, usually from Sweden/Germany/UK. They always happen to be the one raging the most afterwards, making my e-dick even bigger.

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
One of my favourite parts in gaming is when I act like a total idiot, calling them names, insulting them, taunting them into a total rampage then only to kick their arses so hard and rub the fact in their faces that that I am a complete dickhead and I just whooped their asses. It's a really great feeling when you do that, It's unbeatable. Game wise. I love it. Especially when I do it to younger people, around the ages of 12-14, and especially when they are spoiled little gnats, usually from Sweden/Germany/UK. They always happen to be the one raging the most afterwards, making my e-dick even bigger.

This is also what I've been for the past year in ladder games (only if provoked, though). I use to be full hooked, kept searching for games to get back that one loss and ended up losing 10 more. Was probably the worst moments of gaming I had.

Then one day I just thought fuck it. Trolled the shit outta those morons that took the game too seriously like I use to. Feels good to be on the other side.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.