Your Diablo 3 build

Sgqvur

FullOfUltimateTruthsAndEt ernalPrinciples, i.e shi
Reaction score
It seams Blizzard has made a calculator for different builds and it allows sharing them as well so I figured I'll post my =).

About the build:
It's for the Wizard class, and instead of making him/her a wizard makes the hero a tough fighter relying on physical damage instead (wtf? I know...).
Vampy

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
MUST....NOT....CLICK....LINK.....DON'T.....WANT....SPOILERS....

I've been watching beta videos, and its kinda spoiled me, but I want to wait to see all the different skills and specific info until the game is out. I have to reserve at least SOME surprise! :p

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
Here is my version of a melee Wizard:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WXQVmh!VWe!aaZYbZ

The last skill is a tough choice here. Might be better to have teleport instead of mirror image or maybe diamond skin.

Magic weapon and spectral blade synergize nicely! archon sounds crazy cool too! with the rune and the minor you can get archon down to a 64 second cd.

This is my melee wizard version 2:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WXQmih!Vde!aaZbYZ

Now with 70% more illusions! XD Fracture + Illusionist + mirror image runed for damage = fun times I'm sure! (I wonder if the illusions from fracture also deal damage if your mirror image ability is runed for it...) You could also rune mirror image for "duplicates" and get 6 images each cast. This could be a crazy ass way to play!!!

Sgqvur

Reaction score
Dan:
1. Might be better to have teleport instead of mirror image
2. Magic weapon and spectral blade synergize nicely!

1. I agree =). Archon seams good but I wonder what those "Archon abilities" would do.
2. But you will not have life leach this way =).

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
you're guys lack of self control is dissapoint. the only thing i looked @ skills wise is the monk and thats because i really dont want to make a monk and i prolly wont. i might just abandon the D3 section for about a week or 2, or until i get beta or something just so i dont spoil the game for myself, with me only coming here to put out updates/news or videos.

Sgqvur

Reaction score
Dan: Stand back, summon stuff and watch them die!

Haha yes =). I cloned yours and added some healing modificatins.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#aRWiQP!VhT!bYZbba

A funny sort of Barbarian build, that focuses on a lot of the odd abilities, but it ends up being fairly synergistic overall. This would probably be paired with as much gear that gives you fury over time, assuming any exists.

Bash is intended mostly to generate fury when you don't have any other options. It can also knock creatures back, which is good because this build actually doesn't want to be near enemies most of the time.

Ancient Spear is your primary weapon against groups of enemies. With 8 spears thrown, your chances of killing something with it is greatly increased, so with No Escape you should be able to use it very often.

Weapon Throw is great to use against single targets like champions, or casters that need to go down quick, and also makes for great filler between Ancient Spear cooldowns. I went with the straight damage increase to increase it's chance of killing things, and to make it more efficient at killing specific targets.

Earthquake can be used every 20 seconds with the rune and Boon of Bul-Kathos combined, and is the main reason you'll want to head into the fray, though you'll probably want to leave again pretty quickly.

Call of the Ancients gives you more bodies to keep stuff away from you, and with Boon of Bul-Kathos and the rune combined, you can have it active permanently. Unforgiving also makes it a lot easier to keep this active, even out of combat.

Wrath of the Berserker is your big cooldown. You can use it right before you head into a big group of enemies, dealing tons of splash damage and making your Ancient Spear and Weapon Throw abilities even more likely to kill stuff, and if they do, they explode, dealing even more damage.

I have no idea how well this build would actually work, or even if it could work, but I definitely intend to find out as soon as I can get to later content. (unfortunately, probably not until release)

Edit: Another build: Flash Monk

This guy focuses on putting as many status effects onto the enemy as possible, to minimize the damage they do while increasing the damage they take. Against mobs, you'll swap between Deadly Reach and Crippling Wave, keeping their status effects on as many mobs as possible. You'll also want to use Blinding Flash and Tempest Rush whenever you have the spirit for them to keep them on enemies as well. For single targets, you'll use mostly the same abilities, but also Exploding Palm, building up to 80% increased damage taken with 8 stacks, which should help make short work of rare mobs and bosses alike.

Sgqvur

Reaction score
@AgentPaper

This Barb build seams too generic (it might not do well in later stages of the game [which is very probable for the builds I've posted as well =)]), but of course gear is a big factor.

I would really like to see a Throwing Barb =), something like this.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean on "too generic". Also, for your build, what's up with that? He has Weapon Throw and No Escape, but other than that I don't see how it's a "Throwing Barb". Am I missing something? (I'd think you would at least want to put Ancient Spear in there)

Sgqvur

Reaction score
AgentPaper:
1. Not sure what you mean on "too generic".
2. Also, for your build, what's up with that?

1. What I really meant was that the last three skills (Earthquake, Call of the Ancients, Wrath of the Berserker) have very long cooldowns
(90 seconds with the passive skill Bool of Bul-Kathos, 120 without) and very short durations (15 seconds) so this leaves 75/105 seconds (being useless)
of using the rest of the skills which I think will not work too well because with Weapon Throw you would want to hit enemies from a
distance but then you have Ancient Spear with Indigo Runestone (Grappling Hooks) which brings 8 enemies near you (it seams kinda
illogical to me =)) and the last skill Bash does not synergies well with Weapon Throw.

2. Well it's meant to do massive amounts of damage (from a safe distance) with as much critical chance and attack speed as possible =).
(I am not sure if Frenzy would work with Weapon Throw though...)

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
\1. What I really meant was that the last three skills (Earthquake, Call of the Ancients, Wrath of the Berserker) have very long cooldowns
(90 seconds with the passive skill Bool of Bul-Kathos, 120 without) and very short durations (15 seconds) so this leaves 75/105 seconds (being useless)
of using the rest of the skills which I think will not work too well because with Weapon Throw you would want to hit enemies from a
distance but then you have Ancient Spear with Indigo Runestone (Grappling Hooks) which brings 8 enemies near you (it seams kinda
illogical to me =)) and the last skill Bash does not synergies well with Weapon Throw

Actually, because of the runestones, the cooldown of Earthquake is 20 seconds, and Call of the Ancients, while it still has a cooldown of 90 seconds, as a duration of 85 seconds, so it's only down for about 5% of the time. Berserker does have a long cooldown and short duration, but it's the only one.

Weapon Throw works either at a distance or close by, and even going for an attack-focused build you should still be sturdy enough to survive at least a few hits from enemies. Ancient Spear does pull stuff towards you, but again, that's not a huge issue. (and it's kinda unavoidable, anyways) Bash is sort of the odd one out, but it's mostly in there for rage generation, when Ancient Spear is on cooldown and you don't have the rage for a Weapon Throw. You could easily replace it with Cleave or Frenzy, for example. (Actually, I kinda like the idea of using Frenzy with Sidearm for some more throwy-ness)

2. Well it's meant to do massive amounts of damage (from a safe distance) with as much critical chance and attack speed as possible =).
(I am not sure if Frenzy would work with Weapon Throw though...)

Frenzy's attack speed boost only works for frenzy, not for any other attacks you use, if that's what you're wondering.

Edit:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#fRWhQi!VhT!YYZYbb

Slightly modified version of my previous barb, this one uses Overpower modded to throw axes instead of Wrath of the Berserker, and swaps out Bash for Frenzy also modded to throw out weapons every once in a while. With this, you'll probably use Frenzy as your main attack, throwing out Ancient Spear when it's off cooldown, using Weapon Throw when you have the rage, and using Overpower when it procs. Earthquake can also be used pretty regularly, and of course Call of the Ancients will almost always be up, further taking the heat off of you and allowing you to throw to your heart's content.

Edit: Edit:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#hiZfQO!dVb!ZYYYaZ

Another build, this time a Wizard. Basic idea here is to Teleport, use Mirror Image, and then let fly a swarm of Magic Missiles. 5 castings total times 8 missile per caster means you're shooting out 40 missiles with every casting. You've also got Energy Twister to use up AP, with the combining rune. Since you'll have copies casting it as well, they should always combine, meaning big twisters all over the place. The other abilities are just there to increase your firepower.

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
saw this thread and decided to join in :D

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#Regdia!cVX!cYcacY

this demon hunter build is based around running around and kiting, i think it may struggle with hatred generation though

Who said you could join?!?

XD I made a build like this. what do you think about this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#eRYaUd!XZW!ZbaYZc

It's intent was similar but for arenas mostly. Hatred might be an issue. Passive should help with it and impale is not to be used often.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.