Your Favorite Genre(s)?

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
Power Metal by a wide margin, follow by Symphonic metal, and extreme metal.

Zakyath

Reaction score
People say that everything between Chuck Berry and Marilyn Manson is rock so it's pretty hard to judge from just "rock" :p

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Soft Rock, Rock, Metal, Indie.
:)

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
I like alot of new rock and some old rock. No rap is good. But the new rock that has all the yelling and screaming and you can't understand what they are saying is crap. Country also sucks but theres some good songs.

and I love the Mario techno song.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Favorite would definitely be Techno. Basshunter etc. Dragostea Din Tei. Numa Tu. Trance too.

My most hated are the ones where they just scream "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" over and over and over. That's not music. Makes me want to skin the 'singers' alive. In fact, that's what it sounds like. It sounds like someone is skinning them.

I'm going to be 100% clear.
I.
Hate.
Rap.

No offense, but it really seriously sucks. It's like "OMG I CAN RHYME >=O."

Nuff said.

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
Retard
Attempting
Poetry

LMAO> So true no offense to anyone, but that's how I see it. I've heard a couple of good raps but thats it. Its mostly about someone trying to inflate their own egos as much as is humanly possible while putting others down and degrading women. Usually involves violence and drugs. I guess it's just not my cup of tea.

That said I'll be constructive and say that I do enjoy almost all other genres of music. You name it musically I can like it, even rap, musically, it's the lyrics that turn me off. Mostly I enjoy alt, rock, slow rock, metal, grunge, garage bands, punk, easy listening, classical, jazz, funk, blues, occasionally country - no twang, occasionally thrasher, Christian, house, techno, electric, ballads, sound tracks, some pop, and just about whatever else you can think of.

When I was younger I definitely liked the heavier angrier stuff, now I think my musical taste have matured a little. It has to have a good message and or just good lyrics that can move you or paint a good picture. The music needs to corroborate and paint that same picture. I have actually grown away from music that is angry. I don't mind if the guitar and instruments have that heavy almost angry energy to them, but I actually find myself getting extremely annoyed when it is vocalized. To me its like "get a life, there are more constructive things to do with your time then just sit and stew over how upset you are at the world." I am not doubting these peoples' true pains as the make a killing on the industry. It's probably extremely hard becoming rich of doing something you enjoy, but seriously there are some bands out there whose only form of expression is hate/rage/anger. Yeah, I want to pump that into my head all day? Like it wont affect you. And again years ago I thought it didn't. I was wrong. One of the biggest things that helped me climb out of my depression was changing the music I listened to. This is all more than you guys wanted I am sure but well there you have it.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Mmm there are a few rap songs that put rock to shame.

Shook Ones Pt. 2 and the like

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
Heavy metal is the best music ever!
Rap isn't even music, they just speak.
That's my opinion.

Zakyath

Reaction score
>Heavy metal is the best music ever!
That's my opinion.

"Nor is heavy metal, they just scream"

Why should your music be more music than one others? Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean it's bad. Seriously. It's you guys that got problem with music. It's not the music being bad. You need to learn to seperate what you think and what's fact.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
>Heavy metal is the best music ever!
That's my opinion.

"Nor is heavy metal, they just scream"

Why should your music be more music than one others? Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean it's bad. Seriously. It's you guys that got problem with music. It's not the music being bad. You need to learn to seperate what you think and what's fact.

Maybe heavy metal is only screaming as regards vocals, but do you ever see a rapper with a guitar? And isn't this thread for expressing people's opinions as regards music genre? Yes, thread title may say favourite but has ANYONE actually said that the people who said they disliked <genre> were totally off-topic?

Zakyath

Reaction score
I know heavy metal isn't "only screaming", I know it's the opposite. It was a comment that I'd expect from a person that listened to rap. And I don't see what guitars have to do with this?

Well, of course it's your opinion. But people state that music is bad as a fact. If I say, "I don't like that band, because blahblah", I tell you my opinion. "That band sucks, they have no skill whatsoever blahblah" is just badmouthing everyone that listens to the band and the band itself. You understand how I think?

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
I know heavy metal isn't "only screaming", I know it's the opposite. It was a comment that I'd expect from a person that listened to rap. And I don't see what guitars have to do with this?

Well, of course it's your opinion. But people state that music is bad as a fact. If I say, "I don't like that band, because blahblah", I tell you my opinion. "That band sucks, they have no skill whatsoever blahblah" is just badmouthing everyone that listens to the band and the band itself. You understand how I think?

a) Music isn't just about vocals you know ^^

b) Whether someone says they don't like a band or they just plain suck, it's still opinion. And anyone who likes the band in question and has a bit of sense will forget about what that person's opinion and get on with life. Everyone can choose what they like and dislike, and what's wrong with letting them say what they don't like (as well as like).

Now, I've really gotta stop being off-topic :S

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.