Your favorite Video Game OST

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a little discussion about video game music.
What is your favorite video game soundtrack?

Here is my top 5:
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun + Firestorm
The soundtrack for that game was so awesome, I still listen to it occasionally.

The original starcraft Terran theme. Back when a single track was more then 8 minutes long.
There were several days when I got back to playing sc broodwar just to listen to this music once again.
The only sad thing? I played protoss T_T...

Knights and Merchants: The Shattered Kingdom + The Peasants Rebellion
That game is old as dust but twice that good. Its a great economy simulation game and an okay strategy game with an AI so horribly bad you wont believe it. Pathfinding seemed to be a novelty back then...
But still, the soundtrack is incredible, I am still humming those tunes every now and then.

Conquest: Frontier Wars
A space RTS game with lots and lots of space ships and lots and lots of carnage. It was quite nice, but the balancing was horrible. You were constantly floating resources, not matter how much stuff you were building. You just couldnt train units as fast as you were collecting resources.
It was a nice game non-the-less, and it had many unique features at the time.

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Anybody surprised? Yes, I played games other then RTS too from time to time.
I can remember playing morrowind with the same character for over a year! I had an archery skill of 130 and I was one-shotting about everything that moved in that game.
Nice music too, very relaxing.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
I recently played FarCry 3: Blood Dragon (got it for free with my graphics card, woot!) and its OST is really awesome!

Also, I remember I enjoyed Diablo II's OST, it was really dark and suspenseful :D.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Another great OST:

Jet Force Gemini.
Such a great N64 game, too bad the controls back then were HORRIBLE. But the game itself was great. Truly epic.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score

All you need

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually dont like the chrono trigger soundtrack that much. It has some good pieces, but most of them arent that notable. The Seiken Densetsu 3 soundtrack on the other hand has many more tracks I like to listen to occasionally.

Zelda Ocarina of Time has some good ones too, but that is to be expected from a game with a focus on music.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I was listening to some of the ones in this thread. Knights & Merchants sounds so innocent and playful, I love it. :D

----

My favorite OST is from Zelda Twilight Princess:

Especially Midna's Lament, Hidden Village, Castle Town, and Lake Hylia.

I liked Dragon Roost Island from wind waker a lot as well. I would always sail there just to listen to the music for a while:

I always had a soft-spot for WoW music too. It may be some nostalgia coupled with it, but it always gives me shivers when I listen to it again. My faves would have to be karazhan or eversong woods:

I occasionally listen to wc2 music as well. Favorite would be this orc theme, the harpsichord + violins are just awesome (at 1:33):

I also had Sonic music stuck in my head for a while:

And even though I never played the game, Flandre's Theme - UN Owen was her? is super catchy. :p

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Anybody surprised? Yes, I played games other then RTS too from time to time.
I can remember playing morrowind with the same character for over a year! I had an archery skill of 130 and I was one-shotting about everything that moved in that game.
Nice music too, very relaxing.

I remember the first time I played it, I couldn't figure out how the combat system worked and was getting killed by scribs and kwama foragers left and right. And the first time I got to a Daedric ruin, there was a Dremora there that scared the shit out of me. I thought I could talk to it. I don't think I have ever seen a game since that remotely took me in like Morrowind ended up doing. The world needs another Morrowind.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah. Oblivion was a huge disappointment for me. It didnt even come close to morrowind.
Gothic and Gothic 2 were also pretty good, and they were out around the time of morrowind. They were something completely different but they also have great atmosphere and depth.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Yeah. Oblivion was a huge disappointment for me. It didnt even come close to morrowind.
Gothic and Gothic 2 were also pretty good, and they were out around the time of morrowind. They were something completely different but they also have great atmosphere and depth.

Never played those. I did really get into a few of them from the S/NES and first Playstation, but they didn't compare to the sheer depth of Morrowind (like, you can spend weeks just reading the books alone), and a fully 3D world really made a huge difference.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Gothic has always been a little bit smaller then TES but more focused too.
In Gothic 1 and Gothic 2 for example there is only a single city in the entire game. But that city has much more stuff then all the cities from morrowind.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.