Your Opinion of Items

What is your favourite hero-based game item type?

• Raw attribute increases (health, dmg, movement speed, str, agi, int all count)

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Items that contain spells

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Items that grant passive abilities

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Activatable temporary boosts

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters

wingdnosring

Reaction score
What types of items do you like in hero-based Warcraft games? More specifically, AoS style games?

I will keep this feedback in mind while working on my current project.

azareus

And you know it.
Reaction score
Raw attributes, as you won't have to constantly check for cooldowns etc.
They're easier IMHO

wingdnosring

Reaction score
^ Agreed. My vote went in there too. I don't like items much in general and I like to keep them seperate from the general gameplay as much as possible.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
If I could vote for multiple options I would. I personally like when you have a bunch of different items with different effects. An item that gives you a huge temporary speed boost, or an item that grants you temporary spell immunity, etc.

I personally think that attribute items are nice, but also rather boring. The one thing about them I hate the most is they seem to make the game have 'best' items. There should be selection that increases different things which are better for different ways of playing.

Passive abilities could be cool, if they weren't generic like "Evasion" or "Critical Strike".

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Well.
Best are activated items. It allows different tactics. Item/skill combos could be fun too. [not combinations, but stuff like net&flamestrike]
Permanent items are good, especially for beginners. Usually, an activated ability should have about 50% more effect for the same cost. If they cost mana, they should have an even greater effect. For example a +x to health regen should cost about the same like an activated item that heals 40x health with 10 sec cooldown, but for 5x mana (or whatever).

black.sheep

Reaction score
Personally I prefer consumables.
What I really would like to see, is a AoS that uses pure consumables, like scrolls that cast spells that could be called ulti's.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.