Your "success" so far

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
You can access the selected units through Get units in unit group, selected units for player, I suppose.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
I wonder if there are leaks.
Blizz added an automatic deletion so that it keeps track of the objects, and when nothing else in the script references them, they will be deleted from the memory. However, only these types apply:
  • abilcmd
  • bank
  • camerainfo
  • marker
  • order
  • playergroup
  • point
  • region
  • soundlink
  • string
  • text
  • timer
  • transmissionsource
  • unitfilter
  • unitgroup
  • unitref
  • waveinfo
  • wavetarget

The rest need to be destroyed with their corresponding native.

>Trying to get "Selected Unit by Player". Any ideas?
Maybe try:
JASS:
native unitgroup    UnitGroupSelected (int inPlayer);

Or maybe run a loop through the existing units:
JASS:
native bool         UnitIsSelected (unit inUnit, int inPlayer);

But that would probably be a bit ugly. :p

Renendaru

Transferring data from map to another, which works in multiplayer maps. Native stat saving anyone?

Use "-save <insert message here>" to save the string. "-load" to recall it. Restarting the map/restarting your computer will not lose it.

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Game - Map initialization
    • Local Variables
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Bank - Open bank &quot;Savedata&quot; for player 1
      • Variable - Set Bank = (Last opened bank)
      • Bank - Preload and synchronize bank &quot;Savedata&quot; for player 1

^ Must be done to set your bank up, preloading is for multiplayer only.

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Game - Player Any Player types a chat message containing &quot;-save &quot;, matching Partially
    • Local Variables
      • Untitled Variable 001 = (Entered chat string) &lt;String&gt;
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Bank - Store string (Substring((Entered chat string), 6, (Length of (Entered chat string)))) as &quot;1&quot; of section &quot;1&quot; in bank Bank
      • Bank - Save bank Bank

Banks must be saved before the game is exited/restarted, or the bank will not cross over to other maps, yet will still act as a pseudo hashtable.

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001 2
    • Events
      • Game - Player Any Player types a chat message containing &quot;-load&quot;, matching Exactly
    • Local Variables
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Bank - Open bank &quot;Savedata&quot; for player 1
      • General - Custom Script: gv_string = BankValueGetAsString (gv_bank, &quot;1&quot;, &quot;1&quot;);
      • Debug - Display (Text(string)) as debug output using Type 1, and Do display it in the game window

Had to use custom script for loading the data as the GUI equivalent is not yet there it seems.

^ Err... Nevermind on that message, they're just sneaky. Have to search for them within "function > Bank > Load X value"...

Attachments

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
someone please explain how integer loops work in this.. it makes no sense to me

(unless its just that the converted GUI looks ugly) but i dont have the editor open right now but it was like...

if (1>0||1==10 && 1<0) {
while (lv_i < 10) {

(trying to do a integer i 0 to 10 loop)

(i freehanded that by memory when i only saw the thing for like 20 seconds so its probably wrong)

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
uh oh... now im going to have to waste endless hours entertaining myself with all the first and third person mechanics Sc2 has to offer. >.<

i can already forsee myself joining a team looking to make a decent shooter. O.O

buga6138

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 003
    • Events
      • UI - Player 1 clicks Left mouse button Down.
    • Local Variables
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order Zuk'rah [109.25, 33.00] to ( Move targeting (Point((Mouse X position clicked in the world), (Mouse Y position clicked in the world)))) (Replace Existing Orders)
      • Environment - Create a Small Protoss explosion at (Point((Mouse X position clicked in the world), (Mouse Y position clicked in the world)))

To move to the clicked position, effect is there so you can see where you clicked.
Where are you getting the "Move" command?

When I select Issue Order Actions, and in (Ability Command) there is no "Move" available for selection

edit: also, how are did you change "Target Type" to "Point" when selecting Ability Command? it is grayed out for me
edit2: nvm, i figured it out.. it was a pesky parenthases

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
A lot of things are confusing for me at the moment, I'm sure I'll get used to it... Anyway, has anyone noticed that you can't change the scale of the model in the data editor? So I can't make mega Drones :(

Renendaru

I do not know, it has not been tested. All I know is that you can transfer data through an xml between maps natively.

Edit: Found the issue in my attack trigger, no longer crashes.

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
To attack a nearby unit using C, had to go through so much to find the value within the editor to turn auto-attack off.
Just look how the workers data fields are set-up and there you go.
Workers have turned-off auto attack.

Do banks work in multiplayer too? That would be the end of having to enter ridicolously long savecodes ...

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
As you can see from this picture, I've made a hero that can level up, has stats, and has an inventory. Needs a lot of work though.

. . . . :( Heey.. It seems like a big achievement to me. The data editor is 10x harder then triggers. :p

Attachments

Romek

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Data editor looks ridiculously complicated...

Cookiemaster

Pretty much every object is attached to other objects in multiple ways. (Units themselves don't even have models!)

It would be nice if we managed to organize the objects and made an overview of which objects are linked to other ones.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Test!
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I must be in a test server.
    Nice, Twitter tweets embedding now works
  • Wizard Wizard:
    Yup.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Excellent.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    @tom_mai78101 Hello there.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Tagging works in the chat too.
    @Ghan Missed it.
  • Wizard Wizard:
    Still fixing things here and there. Added widgets to the portal, will make it match the ones here on the forum index tomorrow.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    The venerable World Editor Tutorials site has been converted to HTTPS at last.
  • jonas jonas:
    cool
  • jonas jonas:
    and I can even edit my messages, nice
  • seph ir oth seph ir oth:
    GENERAL CHIT CHAT, YOU ARE A BOLD ONE
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hello there
  • The Helper The Helper:
    this new chatbox is great and the forum software update is great too
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    upgrade has fixed forum registration spam problem
    Something tells me we might be able to customize the chatbox a bit, considering that there's a gap under every message.
  • Wizard Wizard:
    Going to deploy a fix soon, just had to take some time for myself this weekend.
  • Varine Varine:
    Unbelievable. Time for yourself? How dare you!
  • Wizard Wizard:
    xD
    Hm, it is now harder to type anything on an Android phone. Pressing Backspace or Enter keys will dismiss the Android keyboard for some reasons.
    Just noticed there's a delay of at least 2 minutes before each post. Guess I can't post Headline News quickly as I used to.
    As far as I can tell, there are definitely things I need to get accustomed to first.
  • Varine Varine:
    FCC is cracking down recently

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop