Your "success" so far

Troll-Brain

You can change this now in User CP.
I've been continuously working on Helper Bound and..... for some reason, my triggers keep bugging :( It seems turning off a trigger that registers unit death and then killing a unit while that trigger is off then turning that trigger back on after killing said unit does not work. It still fires that trigger...
Maybe the event is to much slow, like here.
If that's true then it's incredibly lame.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
So... Got a baneling to not show its hp bar, be invisble, have no sound on death, and hit one unit... Then, got it to spawn when a unit was within melee range of my dark templar, after the attack went down, with its own attack speed internally.

Alert system is still in progress... But my custom attack system is down, finally.

Attachments

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Bump.

Experimenting with cameras in a bit, will report back later.

wingdnosring

Not much yet. I've only been playing aorund with it for about 4 hours. So far, I've managed to get a unit to attack (in direction you're aiming with trigger controlled projectiles) when left clicking, allowed the user to aim up, down, left and right via Arrow Keys (would like to make this based on mouse movement..how do I go about that?).

The best part of it though is that I set the whole thing up for an endless supply of weapons. I have bullet speed variables, damage, ammo type, weapon type, weapon damage, explosive vs non-explosive (in progress), and semi vs bolt vs auto fire. When I'm done this will be one hell of an efficient third person shooter baseline. I've also made it MUI and it enables each player to control a squad instead of one unit. I actually have a goal in mind...I started the concept on a project not long ago that this will fit into

But I have a question: anything we make with the beta editor can still be worked on once the official release gets installed, right?

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
My latest Efforts involved Creating an SCV that could jump cliffs,Attack air and ground targets with different weapons. It's melee weapon deals 100 bonus dmg to Biological,Light,Ground units.It also has life and shield steel and a Seeker missile clone.The SCV has Shields.

Also i modified a Hellion to have a similar weapon to the auto turret and gave it the ability to move while shooting.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Staff member
For the Move While Shooting, is that a simple check box in the unit editor?

Kildare

This is a demo video of my space war project "Earth Defense Force". Enjoy! =D

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LODa7C4l_9c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LODa7C4l_9c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

EDIT: Watch the video in highest resolution for better view. =)

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
For the Move While Shooting, is that a simple check box in the unit editor?
not really it's slightly complicated than that.

Also Some abilities are simple to copy onto other units. While Other abilities will give you hell.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • midnight8 midnight8:
    I have had all of the symptoms, taste is slightly starting to come back, but smell, no. Honestly, just been a little miserable, have never felt in any danger from it. Being trapped at home sucks. lol
  • midnight8 midnight8:
    meh, got a little fever again this morning, guess gonna be a few more days
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I went to Comicon this last weekend I hope I dont get it I feel fine and I am not vaccinated and did not wear a mask
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Comicon really was not packed though like it was in the past. I am not really worried though it was the most people I have been around in a year.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Still, getting vaccinated is a good idea. We're getting Delta variant spikes here in Boston.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not against vaccination at all I just have a serious procrastination problem I plan on getting vaccinated soon
  • midnight8 midnight8:
    was kinda same with me, I was gonna do it, and life got in the way.
  • midnight8 midnight8:
    we wore mask in some places, but at 118 degrees outside, little rough. :)
  • The Helper The Helper:
    yeah i had another friend in Vegas talking about that heat damn
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Well I do not think I got Covid from the Comicon
    +1
    Pushed out a new Pokemon Walking algorithm build. With a new system in place, I'll probably start tackling triggers and NPCs,
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Is it fucking hot everywhere?
  • Varine Varine:
    What's a pokemon walking algorithm?
  • jonas jonas:
    it's an engine for pokemon games that closely emulates the walking behavior of pokemon red/blue/yellow
  • jonas jonas:
    basically if you wanted to implement pokemon yellow from scratch, and you'd want it to feel as close as possible to the real thing, you'd start with that
  • Varine Varine:
    Like from the Gameboy games? I'm not at all familiar with Pokemon.
  • jonas jonas:
    yeah
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I only played the Pokemon games on the Gamecube and Wii and such not on the portables my kids had all those games but I never really played on the portables. Now that I think about maybe once sooooo long ago.
    That's about right. I'm just emulating that old-school RPG feel on the Game Boy system. If I had more free time, I would definitely want to add more things.
  • jonas jonas:
    I guess you folks were too old, but those games were our childhoods:p
    Well, I'm about to hit 30 this year, so I'm now officially old.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hey wait a minute!
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You guys are youngsters. I am square in the middle of my midlife crisis at 52.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    How are the kids?

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome