Your "success" so far

Discussion in 'Starcraft 2 (SC2) Editor Help' started by Renendaru, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Troll-Brain

Troll-Brain You can change this now in User CP.

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    Maybe the event is to much slow, like here.
    If that's true then it's incredibly lame.

2. Renendaru

Renendaru (Evol)ution is nothing without love.

Ratings:
    +309 / 0 / -0
    So... Got a baneling to not show its hp bar, be invisble, have no sound on death, and hit one unit... Then, got it to spawn when a unit was within melee range of my dark templar, after the attack went down, with its own attack speed internally.

Alert system is still in progress... But my custom attack system is down, finally.

Attached Files:

3. Renendaru

Ratings:
    +309 / 0 / -0
    Bump.

Experimenting with cameras in a bit, will report back later.

4. PureOwnage

PureOwnage Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I'm working on a nice platformer shooter. Will post soon.

5. KingTobiazZz

KingTobiazZz New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I died :eek:

6. wingdnosring

wingdnosring New Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Not much yet. I've only been playing aorund with it for about 4 hours. So far, I've managed to get a unit to attack (in direction you're aiming with trigger controlled projectiles) when left clicking, allowed the user to aim up, down, left and right via Arrow Keys (would like to make this based on mouse movement..how do I go about that?).

The best part of it though is that I set the whole thing up for an endless supply of weapons. I have bullet speed variables, damage, ammo type, weapon type, weapon damage, explosive vs non-explosive (in progress), and semi vs bolt vs auto fire. When I'm done this will be one hell of an efficient third person shooter baseline. I've also made it MUI and it enables each player to control a squad instead of one unit. I actually have a goal in mind...I started the concept on a project not long ago that this will fit into

But I have a question: anything we make with the beta editor can still be worked on once the official release gets installed, right?

7. overload119

overload119 New Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Yes.

8. Renendaru

Ratings:
    +309 / 0 / -0
    Bump.

9. BANANAMAN

BANANAMAN Resident Star Battle Expert.

Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -0
    My latest Efforts involved Creating an SCV that could jump cliffs,Attack air and ground targets with different weapons. It's melee weapon deals 100 bonus dmg to Biological,Light,Ground units.It also has life and shield steel and a Seeker missile clone.The SCV has Shields.

Also i modified a Hellion to have a similar weapon to the auto turret and gave it the ability to move while shooting.

10. Prometheus

Prometheus Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred Staff Member

Ratings:
    +592 / 0 / -0
    For the Move While Shooting, is that a simple check box in the unit editor?

11. Kildare

Kildare New Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    This is a demo video of my space war project "Earth Defense Force". Enjoy! =D

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LODa7C4l_9c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LODa7C4l_9c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

EDIT: Watch the video in highest resolution for better view. =)

12. BANANAMAN

BANANAMAN Resident Star Battle Expert.

Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -0
    not really it's slightly complicated than that.

Also Some abilities are simple to copy onto other units. While Other abilities will give you hell.